Chapter 10: With You

Hey! Little mama, Ooh, you're a stunner Hot little figure, Yes, you're a winner And I'm so glad to be yours,
You're a class all your own And Oh, little cutie When you talk to me I swear the whole world stops You're my sweetheart And I'm so glad that you're mine You are one of a kind
       - Chris Brown
...

The next day (Monday, November 8th)
Ashanti pov

My alarm went off on my phone and I turned it off. I didn't get home until 3 last night so I'm definitely not going to school, and I don't have to be a work until 5 so I'mma just sleep in. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep and someone called my phone.

"Hello." I said over the phone.

"Wassup." Chris said over the phone. "You going to school today?" He asked me.

"Naw you?" I asked him.

"Hell naw, is it cool if I come over?" He said and I smiled. "I wanna be with you." He added and my smile grew bigger.

"Yeah I'll be here." I said and he chuckled.

"Ight,...bye." he said.

"Bye bye." I said and hung up.

I got out of bed and then headed to my bathroom to shower. While I was in there all I could think about was him. He sends me mixed emotions.

...

When I got out I looked at my phone and it was passed 6 so I knew my mom went to work and so did my brother and he took Jr to his other grandma house and my nana was still sleep.

I took of my towel and grabbed my lotion and then lotioned myself and the doorbell rang.

I quickly grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body and walked downstairs.

I looked out the peep hole and saw Chris standing there.

I opened it and let him in.

"Wassup ma." He said hugging me and I hugged him back.

"Hey." I said smiling and we walked upstairs. "Give me a second." I said and walked in my bathroom to get dressed in my black spots bra and some black basketball shorts.

...

"Chris stop your going to make me fall asleep." I said as he rubbed my thighs.

"And." He said chuckling and I smiled and looked at the TV.

"Why the hell we watching Mickey mouse?" He said and I laughed.

"Because I like this show." I said smiling.

"Hell naw Shanti." He said laughing.

"I like this show." He said. "m.i.c.k.e.y m.o.u.s.e." I said singing the theme song and he laughed.

"Give me the remote." He said and I laughed and handed him the remote and he turned to Dragon Ball Z

"You irritate me." I said and started to play in his hair as he just looked at me smiling. "You're enjoying aren't you?" I said and he chuckled and closed his eyes.

"Yeah, your special, I don't let allot of people play in my hair." He said and I smiled. "I'm hungry." He said and I sat up.

"Me too, we got some left over Puerto Rican rice from last night, you want some?" I asked him and he sat up and nodded.

We got out of my bed and walked downstairs.

"Good morning baby girl I didn't know you was here." My nana said as we walked in the kitchen as she sat at the table drinking her coffee.

"Good morning, Nana this is my friend Chris, Chris this is my nana June." I said and he smiled waved.

"Oh so this is the 'friend' you've been talking about." She said and Chris smiled and bit his bottom lip. "I didn't know he was so handsome." She said and he smiled.

"Thank you Nana." He said and she smiled and I just looked at him smiling. "I'm handsome Shanti." He said and I playfully rolled my eyes and went in the refrigerator.

"Yes you are." I said and he looked at me and bit his bottom lip.

"You cute too." He said and I smiled at him.

"Oh well then." My nana said smiling.

"Nana what happened the the rice from last night?" I asked her.

"I ate it." She said and Chris laughed and I closed the refrigerator.

"I don't know why you laughing you the one that wanted some." I said.

"I wouldn't mind going for something else." He said winking and I smiled and just looked at him.

"Or I'll just make some more." I said.

...

Me and Chris are sitting in the living eating while my grandma is upstairs and we're watching Dragon Ball Z.

"This shit good as hell." Chris said and I laughed.

"Well thanks." I said and a few seconds later someone rung the door bell.

I got up and walked down the hall and answered it and it was some guy in his late 30s or early 40s.

"Um can I help you?" I asked him.

"Yeah your Ashanti right?" He asked me smiling at me looking me up and down.

"Yeah, who are you and how do you know?" I asked him.

"I'm a friend of your mom, the last time I saw you were still a little girl." He said. "Is your mom here?" He asked me.

"Naw I'll take a message." I said looking at him.

"Can you tell her that Travis was here looking for her, it's important." He said and I nodded. "Thanks nice seeing you Ashanti." He said and walked away and I closed the door.

"That was weird as hell." I said walking back in the living room.

"Who was it?" He asked me.

"Some guy named Travis, he was here for my mom, but he knew me but I didn't know him." I said and sat back down next to him and he put his arm around me.

"What if it's like your mom boyfriend or something." He said and I laughed.

"Shut up Chris." I said laughing and so did he.

...

"How I look in my uniform?" I asked Chris as I walked into Footlocker.

"Sexy." He said and I blushed and hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Oh your Ashanti." Some white guy said.

"Yeah boss this her." Chris said and he came and shook my hand.

"I'm Levi, the head manager here." He said and I smiled and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

...