Chapter 8: Young Love

Tell me what's the definition of love.
It seems like everybody thinks they done figured it out but everytime they fall up in it, They fall out, in and out it again Tell me how they gonna know about us, telling me and you that we ain't even been around long enough
We can prove 'em wrong, show 'em how it's done, I know that we can do it
  -Chris Brown

The next day (Sunday, November 7th)
Ashanti pov

I woke up and felt a arm around me and cuddled up in Chris's arm. He was still shirtless and I was wearing one of his shirts.

I slightly moved and he tighten his grip and I yawned and smiled.

"We're you going?" He asked me with his eyes still closed and his husky sexy morning voice and I smiled.

"Chris I got to go I didn't tell my mom I was staying the night." I said and he opened his eyes and looked at me and smiled.

"She called your phone last night and I answered and told her that you were here." He said smiling and I laid back down and smiled. "Yo ass was knocked the fuck out." He said and I snuggled back up in his arms.

"I know, I was high and comfortable." I said chuckling and looked at me. "Why you staring?" I asked him smiling.

"Because your beautiful without makeup." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said and someone knocked on his door.

"Who is it!?" He yelled.

"Yo momma." She said opening the door. "Breakfast is ready, good morning Shanti." She said smiling at me.

"Good morning momma J." I said smiling and she walked out the room and closed the door and Chris chuckled.

"Good morning ma!" He yelled and I laughed. "That anit funny how she go just say good morning to you." He said smiling as I laughed and he just smiled as he watched me. I kept laughing and he smaked his lips and started to tickel me.

"Ch-chris st-op." I said laughing trying to get away from him.

"No who laughing, chica." He said as I was rolling around and trying to fight him off.

"M-me." I said and he kept going as he laughed. I kept rolling and rolled off the bed and he stood up and helped me up as I still laughed and he just looked at me smiling and I stopped laughing and smiled.

He looked me up and down and then back in my eyes.

"You really look good in my shirt ma." He said smiling and I blushed.

"And you look good shirtless." I said and he smiled and grabbed my hands and placed them on his abs.

"I knew you wanted to feel them ma." He said and I blushed and pulled them back.

...

After we brushed our teeth and I slipped on my spandex and tank top from yesterday and threw my hair in a messy bun. We walked downstairs and into the kitchen, where his mom and his brothers were sitting at the table and we joined them sitting in front of our plates.

"Y'all niggas still here." Chris said to his brothers.

"Chris don't start, you neither Cameron." Momma J said. "Both of them got short tempers." Momma J wispered to me and I nodded and looked back at Chris who was staring Cameron down.

"Chris." I said calling his name softly and quitely and he slowly looked at me. "Eat." I said and he smriked at me then started to eat.

"So Shanti tell me about yourself." Momma J said.

"What do you want to know?" I asked her sitting my fork down and looked at her.

"Anything, I figured since you are my future daughter in law I should get to know you." She said and Chris chocked on his eggs and Christian and Cameron chuckled and I just looked at her.

"Me and Chris are just friends." I said smiling.

"Exactly." He said drinking some of his orange juice.

"Yeah ok." She said sarcastically and I looked at Chris and he was looking at me and we smiled at each other.

"Ok so what about your parents?" She asked me.

"What about them?" I asked her.

"Well what are they like, the obviously did an amazing job raising you." She said.

"Well um my dad went to jail when I was younger and I barley remember him, but I live with my mom and brother and nephew." I said and she smiled and nodded.

"What yo dad on foe?" Cameron asked me.

"I don't know, my mom and brother never told me." I said and they nodded.

"What you mixed with?" Christian asked me.

"I'm Puerto Rican and Black." I said and he nodded and Cameron just looked at me and my phone went off and it was a message from my mom.

Mommy😘😭❤️: Baby girl are you on your way home?

Me: after breakfast I b omw...y wats up

Mommy😘😭❤️ nothing just checking...your Grammer is off but your grandma is on her way.

I laughed and put my phone down and finished my food. My grandma comes here from Puerto Rico every year for thanksgiving but this year she's early.

...

"So Chris y'all really just friends?" My mom asked me as she cleaned up and I sat on the island.

"Yeah ma." I said chuckling.

"You want to be more than friends don't you?" She asked me and I sighed.

"Yeah I'll admit I do but we just met about a week ago, and I don't want to rush into things and then hurt her." I said and she looked at me.

"And why is that?" She said smriking.

"Because she my friend." I said smiling and she smiled.

"And?" She said.

"And she doesn't deserve it." I said.

"And?" She said smiling and I smiled back.

"I don't know ma, it's just different with her. She gives me a tingling feeling inside. When I'm with her I feel like a whole different person, she brings out the best in me, and it's crazy that we just met and she already got a hold on me." I said getting confused.

"Chris it's like a sigh from God, just like me and your dad, we got married after a year of knowing each other." She said smiling starting to wash the dishes.

"That's because that was back in the day." I said smiling.

"No it's just love, everyone have a different idea about it, and I think you just found yours." She said smiling at me.

"You saying I love her?" I asked her.

"No because you just said it." She said and I chuckled.

"Maybe I do." I said smiling.

"Boy it anit no maybe you do, now get off my island so I can clean it." She said and I laughed and hopped down.