Chapter 24: War For You

Step one: I could be your man
You can call me daddy when we're fuckin' in the sand Step two: Let's go for a ride, baby Better hold still, I'll drive baby Step three: I'll be in these streets Throwing up the west side
Checking up the b's And they can't take away my pride They just can't take away my pride (Till they bury me)Look into my eyes, and see what I see You're a mind reader, it's just you and me.
      -Chris Brown
...

2 weeks later (Friday January 29th)

Today is the semi finals and I'm neverous. And the couch at UCLA invited Chris to come and stay at a hotel on campus and practices with the college basketball team and I'm excited for him. Chris and I relationship has been rocky, we've just been fighting not just arguing but physical. I've talk to my dad about it but he said to follow me heart and my heart tells me to just hold on and shit.

"So Prom is 4 months away." Erica said smiling.

"Yeah me and Aug already ordered are stuff." Gaddy said. "What about you?" She asked me as we sat in the stands.

"I don't even know if me and Chris are gonna last 4 more months. It nothing but fighting. Like we can't be around each other for 5 minutes without arguing and fighting." I said sighing.

"True when I saw the scratches on his face last week I knew it went down." Erica said.

"Also he did ask me." I said.

"Y'all already dating do he really." Gabby said as Chris made a shot and I cheered.

"Yes." I said I just don't know me and Chris use to be best friends and boyfriend and girlfriend now we just boyfriend and girlfriend." I said sighing.

...

"Good game baby." I told him as I walked up to him. Obviously we won.

"Thanks." Smiling as we walked to his car. I was an akward silent, wow it's been silent between up but not akward.

We made it to his car and we climbed in.

"You ok?" Asked him as he drove off.

"I'm good, I'm happy we won and them scouts was here." He said and I smiled.

"So are you excited about this weekend?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"Yeah baby, why you acting like that?" He asked me.

"What you mean?" I asked him as he stopped at a red light.

"You making shit akward." He said looking at me and chuckled.

"I'm just asking a question." I said and he looked at me for a minute and nodded.

...

The next day (Saturday, January 30th)
Ashanti pov

I woke up to my phone vibrating and it was a call from Chris.

"Hello." I said with my morning voice into the phone.

"Hey baby." He said and I looked at the clock it was going on 3 in the afternoon. "You just woke up or something?" He asked me.

"Y-yeah." I said. "I was up late last night thinking." I said truthfully.

"About?" He asked me

"I'll tell you when you get back." I said.

"Or you can come see me." He said and I smiled.

"Ight I can do that." I said smiling.

"Ight well baby I got to get back to practice love you bye." He said.

"I love you too." I said and he hung up and I sat my phone down and yawned.

I climbed out of bed and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and shower.

...

Travis pov

"Aye Clinton I got some news for you." I told him walking in his office.

"Nigga you got my money?" He asked me.

"Almost-" I started but he cut me off.

"Naw nigga I'm sick of yo bullshit." He said picking up his guy off the table. He smriked and then talked. "I'm giving yo ass 2 options. Bring me yo fine ass daughter or be dead." He said.

"Your son is dating me daughter, ask him." I said smriking back at him.

"Naw nigga you get her for me, she way more beautiful then she was when she was younger." He said and grabbing a file of papers out a folder and threw them at me.

I looked at the ones on the floor and it was some of Ashanti in her room and at basketball games and at the mall with Chris and shit.

"So you death or daughter?" He asked me.

"So if I bring you my daughter, I'm not in dept, and I live." I said and he nodded. "Looks like you got a deal.

...

Ashanti pov

"Bye mommy I'll be back." I said and blew her a kiss and she blew me one back.

I walked outside to my car and started it up and plugged my phone in the aux cord and buckled up and let Pandora play.

...

"I can't sleep at night, when you're on my mind Bobby Womack's on the radio Saying to me, 'If you think you're lonely now' Wait a minute this is too deep I gotta change the station
So I turn the dial trying to catch a break And then I hear Babyface
I only think of you It's breaking my heart I'm trying to keep it together but I'm falling apart I'm feeling all out of my element Throwing things crying trying to figure out Where the hell I went wrong Pain reflected in this song Ain't even half of what I'm feeling inside I need you need you back in my life baby." I song to Mariah Carey as I pulled up at the hotel.

I parked the car and grabbed my phone and and purse and got out the car and walked in.

I walked down the hall to the elevator and pressed up and waited for the doors to open.

When I got to the floor I walked down the hallway searching for his room and when I found it I knocked and a few seconds later he opened the door and hugged me.

"Wassup baby, I missed you." He said and I smiled.

"I miss you too." I said and he smiled and let me in and closed the door. "This is a nice room." I said looking around and it was like an apartment.

"I know right, they hooked me up." He said smiling.

"So you like it here?" I asked him smiling and sitting on the couch.

"Hell yeah now that yo ass here wearing that nice ass sun dress." He said smriking and walked over and sat next to me. "So what you want to talk about?" He asked me.