Chapter 20: Sirens

I gotta run now, you hear the gun sound My heart beat, he already bleeding Call the paramedics, shit I know he need it Promise me his mama won't see it Sirens screaming like wo-o-oh I hear 'em screaming, wo-o-oh Sirens screaming like, wo-o-oh Playing with your life, I ain't come to fight, fucked up my whole night
    -Chris Brown

Ashanti pov

"In Jesus name we pray amen." Shanti Nana said and we all started to eat and food stated being passed around and everyone started there own conversation.

"So how are you liking my family?" I asked him and he smiled and looked around.

"Pretty good, my family is living your too." He said and I smiled.

"So Chris, are you gonna go to college?" My aunt April asked him.

"Yeah, I've got expected into UCLA and I'm looking there and I'm just waiting to see if I can get this full scholarship." He relied back as everyone looked at him.

"Scholarship for what?" My uncle asked him.

"Basketball." He said smiling.

"Yeah Chris is the captian of the basketball team." I added on smiling and he looked at me and smiled.

"Awe, so what are you gonna major in?" My mom asked him.

"Technology." He said and she nodded.

"So I've heard that Shanti is going to Harvard." My aunt said. "That's in the other side of the country, how are y'all go do that?" She asked us and Chris looked at me.

"We honestly don't know yet but we'll figure it out." I said smiling at Chris.

"So are y'all having sex yet?" My aunt asked us and some people laughed like chris and some choked like me.

"April you can't just asked them that?" My mom said.

"Yes I can." She said back.

"No TT were not and if we we're I don't think we would share that at the dinner table." I said and took a sip of my water.

"I'm just saying, you don't need to be getting caught up in having a baby, I'm pretty sure either of you want that." She said.

"Trust me were fine." I said and Chris looked at me and smiled and I smiled back.

"So Sis have you heard Travis was out." My anut said and my mom sat her whine glass down and looked at her.

"Yeah I have and he is irrelevant to me and my family." My mom said annoyed.

"April just leave that situation alone." My other anut May said.

"I can't I mean what he did was horrible." April said.

"April leave it alone." My mom said again gesturing over to me.

"Oh she doesn't know?" April said.

"No April shhhh about it." My nana said.

"About what?" My cousin Mimi said.

"Honey I'll tell you later." April said to her.

"No you won't April I don't want all of this to get out." My mom said fake smiling.

"Please don't." Momma J added on.

"Well she's almost 18 she needs to know." April said.

"I need to know what?" I asked and everyone looked at me.

"Why your father went to Jail." April said.

"April stop she don't want her to know." May said.

"But she need too!" My aunt yelled.