Chapter 12: Picture Perfect

Hot damn, let me tell you man She looks so good I'mma say it again So good that I can't explain When she do what she do, she's gon' do her thing
Over here Ms. Lane Come on, get fly with a Superman You ain't got to worry, I won't play no games Baby tonight
- Chris Brown
....

The next day (Sunday November 23rd)
Ashanti pov

I walked in the house and into the living room and my mom was sitting on the couch and I tried to avoid her and walk upstairs but she called me.

"Ashanti come here." He said and I kept a straight face and walked over and flopped next to her. "Look baby I'm sorry for not telling you." She said and I looked at her.

"But mom he's my dad, you know I've always wanted to meet him and know him and y'all kept him a secret." I said and she sighed.

"Honey your father went to jail-" She started.

"For what mom?" I asked him.

"I want to tell you but I don't think you ready." She said and I sighed.

"Mom you've been saying that for the longest." I said.

"I'm protecting you Shanti!" She yelled annoyed.

"From what mom, I know he went to jail but everyone makes mistakes." I said and she sighed.

"Shanti he will never change, I don't want you seeing him." She said and I sighed and she stood up and looked at me and walked away. I sighed and then looked on the table and her phone was sitting there. I picked it up and unlocked it and went to her message and went to the one between her and my dad.

Babydaddy: I've changed and I'm going to be in my daughters life, and you can't stop that.

Me(mom): Yes I can she my child and I know what's best for her, you really think I can forgive you after you did that to her.

Babydaddy: I don't care what you think she old enough to make her decision.

Me(mom): forget about it forget about her, your a sick fucking creep.

Babydaddy: I love her and I want to be in her life

Once I red the message my heart skipped a beat. My dad loves me and all these years I low-key thought he didn't. I smiled and held back the tears and texted him back.

Me: Hey Dad it's Ashanti, I'm interested in meeting up with you before I go out of town, my number in 536-3672 text me there bye.

After I sent it I deleted it and then put her phone back down and then walked upstairs like nothing happened and started to pack for Tuesday.

A few seconds later my phone went off and I opened it and it was from an unstored number.

Unknown: sounds good let's say Olive garden in 30

Me: sure

I said sent it and smiled.

...

"Hey." I said smiling as I walked up to him. He stood up and hugged me.

"Hello." He said and sat back down and I sat across from him.

"So your my dad." I said smiling still shook.

"Yeah and your my only daughter." He said smiling.

"I have one question." I said still smiling and he smiled. "Why did you go to prison?" I asked him and he chuckled and looked at me.

"For some stupid stuff." He said.

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Your not all that ready for that sweetheart." He said.

"But aren't you the one that said that I'm old enough to make my own decisions." I said and he chuckled.

"And I am too, so my darling, tell me about yourself he said looking at me and I smiled.

...

Chris pov

"Bro this shit finna be lit, I'm end up fucking a ATL bitch... Again.". Tyga said as we all chilled in his basement. "Anit that right Aug?" Tyga asked him and passed me the blunt.

"Nigga I'm with Gabby, yo as forgot?" He asked Ty and I passed Trey the blunt.

"Oh shit I did, what about yo ass?" Tyga asked me.

"Man nigga you know is ass trying to get with Shanti." Trey said and August chuckled.

"Shit yo ass better hurry the fuck up, I hear ole boy Rael trying to get her." August said.

"Nigga Rael on the team?" I asked him and he nodded. "Man that nigga Betta gone with that shit, she doesn't want him, she don't even like dark skin." I said laughing and Trey passed the blunt to August.

"Naw nigga you just don't want to see them together." Tyga said and I chuckled.

"Yeah whatever." I said.

"You know that, you crushing." Trey said and Erica walked back downstairs.

"Who crushing?" She asked sitting on Trey lap.

"Damn you can't just be coming out of nowhere like that." Tyga and and we laughed as she flipped him off. "But this nigga breezy over her crushing." He said.

"Awe, on Shanti right?" She asked and I smiled and nodded.

"She just everything I could want in a girl, she pretty as fuck, her body in just right, and her ass just got this bubbly personality that I like about her, I can't explain it." I said.

"Awe." Erica said smiling at me and I chuckled and smiled.

"Look at that shit there, Breezy already whipped." Tyga said. "What the fuck happen to Bros before hoes all y'all niggas settled down or trying to settle down." He said and we laughed.

"First off I'm not a hoe and secondly, what the fuck you expect them to do?" Erica said.

"Exactly nigga if you keep going at the rate you going you go end up with 7 kids by the time you 20." I said. "And yo ass go have that and a fucking STD." I said and Tyga laughed.

"Nigga never." He said chuckling.

"So anyways baby what's the plan for your birthday?" Erica asked Trey.

"Shit you tell me." He said smriking at her and I chuckled as her and Trey kissed.

"Oh hell naw not in my basement." Tyga said and Trey pulled out a little still sucking on Erica lip and flick him off and I laughed. I can't wait for me and Ashanti to get like that, shit Tyga was right I'm whipped over her already and I anit even hit yet.