Chapter 32: After the Storm

Bonnie's P.O.V.~
It was almost 6:00 am! None of us had even bothered to try to fall asleep, yet we were all very tired.

Foxy had gone exploring around the building and found an old toolbox that was used to fix the animatronics back in the old days. He was only able to fix their voice boxes and oil their joints a bit, but it was better than nothing!

I had shown all of our parents the pictures I had taken over the year, such as Freddie's surprise visit on the first day of school, me posing like a model in Social studies, Halloween, and many other pictures. They laughed at a lot of them, especially at the Freddie pictures. Freddie didn't seem very amused, but she still laughed.

We all talked about our year so far, and our band that we've started to form. It's not an official band yet, but we're getting there.

In return, they told us about what the pizzeria was like in its hay day. Foxy the Pirate told us a few of the stories that he used to tell the kids who came to the pizzeria.

"I remember there being a little lassie who absolutely loved me stories! She would come to the pizzeria every day just to hear them! I enjoyed her company so much that I made her me first mate! Why, whenever she'd come into the pizzeria, she'd run right up to me stage and say-"

"Oh captain! Permission to come aboard?" Scarlet said as she struck a pose.

"Little lassie?" He was dumbfounded. "Ye came back!"

"Of course I came back!" Scarlet howled. "I would never abandon my captain!"

Then they started talking to each other like pirates for a while. Like, a long while.

Freddy, Dad, and Chica told us about how they used to stand on their stage and perform for the kids while they either sang along or ate pizza. They even performed a few songs for us.

Mangle and Mari just got kind of bored after a while. Unlike us, they were able to fall asleep, all wrapped up in blankets.

Foxy insisted on staying close to me so that I wouldn't get cold, but no matter how many times I told him I was fine, he wasn't buying it.

Suddenly, the clock struck 6:00 am. The wind was starting to die down outside, so we started to pack up our things. Chica woke up Mangle and Mari, which took a while, a we all said goodbye to our parents, giving them another hug.

"I'll miss you dad!" I said.

"I'll miss you more, Mini!" He said while ruffling my hair.

"Daaaaad, noooo! Not the hair!" I laughed. He laughed as well.

"Come on guys, it's time to go home!" Scarlet said as she headed towards the side door.

"What should I tell mom?! She's probably worried sick!" Freddie asked her father.

"Tell her the truth," he reassured her.

"But what if she doesn't believe me?!"

"She will," Freddy replied. "Trust me. The same goes for the rest of you! Just tell them the truth."

Freddie nodded, turned around, and walked out the door, with the rest of us following suit.

"Bye Papa!" I waved to him as I went out the door.

"Bye Mini! See you later!" He waved back.

As soon as I was outside, Scarlet shut the door and placed a cinderblock in front of it to keep it shut. Then, we all started the trek back home.

Scarlet said goodbye to us and walked the other direction.

Soon after, Goldie, Chica, Mangle, and Mari had left the pack as we passed by their houses.

After a few minutes of walking I could see my house. I felt a lump suddenly form in my throat.

The lump got larger as we finally reached my house. I gulped. I was scared.

"You'll be fine, Bons!" Freddie reassured me. "Remember, just tell her the truth."

"Easy for you to say," I mumbled.

"I heard that!"

"I know."

Freddie gave me a light shove towards my house. "Good luck!" She whispered. "See you tomorrow!" Then she proceed to walk away from me, continuing on to her house just a few streets down.

"See ye, lass!" Foxy called to me as he ran to catch up with her.

I turned back to face my house. It felt like it was judging me. I was holding my Bonnie plushie in one hand, giving it a quick squeeze. This was it!

I walked up to my front door and reached for the handle, but before I could touch it, the door swung open! A hand from inside the house reached out, grabbed my shirt and yanked me inside. Once I was inside, she slammed the door behind her. It was my mother, and she looked furious, not to mention tired.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN, YOUNG LADY?! I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR HOURS WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHERE YOU ACTUALLY WERE! I CALLED MARI'S PARENTS TO CHECK ON YOU TO SEE IF YOU WERE OK, BUT THEY SAID YOU WEREN'T THERE EITHER! YOU BETTER HAVE A DAMN GOOD EXCUSE AS TO WHY YOU WEREN'T ANSWERING ANY OF MY CALLS, BONNIE MAE! I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT WORRIED SICK!" She shouted at me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket. 106 missed calls! Yikes!

I looked my mother in the eyes. "Mother..."

"WHAT," she shouted.

"I know what happened to dad..."

My mother froze. Her face turned as white as a sheet of paper. She looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"What..."

I held the Bonnie plushie out to her, and she took it into her own hands. She held it up to her chest, shaking.

"Where...Where did you get this?" She asked, her voice shaking. I took the plushie back.

"Mother..." I said, giving the plushie a squeeze.

"Tell her the truth."

"Mother, there's something I need to tell you..."