Chapter 3: Invitation

The next day, Jimin was standing by his boss Mr. Young as the chairman signed off new orders of materials for clothing. Jimin was wearing his black and white formal suit as his boss wore loose and expensive yellow silk clothes like a sleepwear. He was head of the company and wore whatever he felt like wearing around the company. Jimin waited for the elderly man to sign the papers and looked back at Jimin. "Here, make sure you send this to umm... Whoever you get this from." Mr. Young handed the paper to Jimin and layed back on his office chair as Jimin sliped the important documents into his binder.

            "Anything else, Mister?" Jimin asked.

           "No thankyou. Go home for the day, you did alright." Mr. Young claimed. It was almost at times Jimin couldn't say this felt like work... Mr. Young would always tell the young man to go home for the day.. so things were difficult. Jimin would think he wasn't doing enough.

           "Yes, Mister." Jimin bowed and walked off. "Have a good day."

            Jimin walked out of the building, he might aswell go over to the library... Atleast he still had a side job he loved. Jimin was sent home very early and thought this was ridiculous! Why would Mr. Young send the young man home so early? Could Jimin be risking his job? Maybe this was only a one time thing... He wouldn't have a job that tells him to get home early, Or else this wouldn't even be considered a job.

           When Jimin arrived to the library. He began to smile. This job of his made his day, not only because of the books, it was because he would mostly organize good books and scan them. This was an easy task and Jimin enjoyed doing this.

            When Jimin walked in, Namjoon was passing by with a cart of overdue books. "Jimin?" Namjoon blinked again. "Aren't you supposed to be at work until four?"

              Jimin sighed. "Sent me home for the day..." Jimin claimed as he glanced at the clock. It just turned the afternoon as he walked in. "My shift won't start until later so I'm just a book worm until then..." Jimin seemed a bit upset as he walked into a section of mystery books.

         Namjoon shrugged and kept pushing his cart to the front desk as he heard Jungkook reading to the children before he gets to work. Jungkook was a preschool teacher who works alongside another teacher. Right now, the children were being watched by the other teacher Jungkook worked with so it was like they took turns watching over the kids when they took nap session.

          Jimin angrily looked through a few books. Now that he began to think about it, why would he have that as a job in the first place if he was only there for 3 hours.. Normally he would have about 6-8 hours helping assist his boss.

          As Jimin grabbed a random book to read he opened it and began to read it. After a while of reading, he was about to reach chapter three when he noticed someone walk into the same book aisle as him.

            "Mystery... what a perfect choice.." Jimin heard the familiar voice and looked up to see Jungkook standing by while holding a black covered book. "Taking a break?"

         "My shift doesn't start until four, today..."

           "Ah, I see different shift hours..."

           "What about you? Aren't you supposed to be at the pre-school?" Jimin wondered.

         "It's nap time for them and after that they go home, so the other teacher I work with will handle that." Jungkook claimed.

        "Do you have another job?" Jimin wondered.

        "Well, I'm thinking about getting another, after my first job I was thinking of working at a daycare..."

          "It suits you." Jimin added as Jungkook made a smiled moving his brown hair back.

         "You remind me alot of someone... someone so amazing." Jungkook claimed making Jimin's day more brighter.

          "Someone important to you?" Jimin wondered.

           Jungkook got silent and nodded. "Yes.." the man looked down and smiled. "You remind me of that someone.. very important to me.." Jungkook loooked up at Jimin.

         Jimin smiled happily and closed his book beginning to walk down the book aisle. "Tell me, Jungkook.... Do you have someone special in your life?" Jimin asked.

          "Significant other? Oh... I'm not very into dating... I used to but not anymore." Jungkook followed Jimin. "Maybe I still need to get over-"

            "That 'something' Jungkook?" Jimin stopped walking and turned his head to look at the younger who was walking after him.

         Jungkook stayed silent and held a blank face that slowly turned to a smile. "Would you like to go out for coffee... with me anytime soon? I would like to get to know you better" Jungkook asked. Jimin realized this man made it tough for himself to even ask Jimin to go out for coffee.... Just judging by the timing Jungkook asked Jimin, was so sudden but it also showed how Jungkook wasn't very use to this at all..

          "Like a-a date?" Jimin wondered.

          "Friendly date.." Jungkook assured still waiting for an answer from the other.

           Jimin nodded, "I can do that." he accepted the invitation and thought maybe he will get along with this man and discover more about his personality that caught Jimin's attention. Who knows? Maybe there will be a moment when Jimin will need Jungkook.