Chapter 17: Deal

Jimin walked down the street in tears. He held the envelopes in his hands while walking over to the bank to atleast add in his final pay to his bank account. "I-I can't believe.. I was f-fired..." Jimin cried. He looked down as he walked watching his tears hit the cement of the sidewalk. "H-he laughed at me.. Called me a different name. How could Mr. Young laugh at me if after all this time, I worked for him. Putting up with his bullshit everyday." Jimin claimed making a sigh as he entered the bank to add in his check.

            After cashing in his check and adding the money to his bank. Jimin walked out feeling slightly better knowing Jungkook would be waiting for him at the library after. Jimin walked down the sidewalks seeing there was some food carts selling street snacks. Jimin shrugged and walked up to a cart to order a Bungeoppang. This food was a street snack that had sweet red bean paste filled in a waffle shaped like a fish. Jimin bought two and walked over to a bench so he can sit. The young adult was feeling slightly better after buying a few street food for himself, soon Jimin decided to head over to the library since he believed Jungkook and Namjoon would already be there.

         When Jimin arrived to the library, Namjoon was on his phone sitting by the desk as Jimin just started to cry walking up to his friend. Namjoon quickly looked up and raised a brow. "What's wrong, Jimin?"

          "I-I was fired!" Jimin complained. "After all this time, EVERYTHING MEANT NOTHING NOW!! I PUT UP WITH HIS SHIT EVERYDAY ONLY TO COME BY AND SEE HIM SMILING AND HOLDING THIS!" Jimin held out the pink slip. "I-I can't stay like this.. I need a job! I-I have to do something with my life.."

             Namjoon stood up and gave his friend a hug tightly. "Jimin it's okay! He was a jerk anyways. Sending you home soo early...you can get an amazing new job soon! You just need to get back out there and see if you can assist other chairmans."

           "I don't want to be a stipid assistant anymore! I want to get a different job... He told me I wasn't energetic or anything! He wanted people like that to work for him. Ugh this man!" Jimin pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears walking to the couch of the library. "I was there taking in his criticism he threw at me! Mr. Young never even knew my name! I wonder who made his checks... Maybe it was his new assistant he was hiding behind his back." Jimin hissed. "No respect at all! They were laughing at me, like my work never mattered to them!!"

            "Let it all out, Jimin... You did your work well and they'll realize how bad Mr. Young was to you." Namjoon stated patting Jimin's back before sitting at Jimin's front desk section.

          "Namjoon, do you stay here everyday?" Jimin asked.

           "At times, but I have my job. When I don't have work I sleep in and come to the library to work. I don't know why I love it here so much!"

            "Well we both love it here, I'm glad we both just so happened to apply. The two of us got close and became good friends, right?" Jimin nudged Namjoon's arm. "Riigghtt???"

          Namjoon laughed, he shoved Jimin and walked off. This little talk Jimin had made him feel more better about the situation. Namjoon helped Jimin realize that Jimin never even needed a disrespectful job like that in the first place.

         As Jimin was sitting there calmly thinking of his old job, he noticed from the corner of his eye, was Jungkook. He just so happened to finish reading for the kids and was ready to head to work. It was 7am and his job will start in another hour or so.... However, he couldn't help but to realize that during his storytime, he heard Jimin shout and complain and this only caused Jungkook to get an idea.

          Jungkook saw Jimin sitting alone and looking down. The younger walked up to Jimin so he can sit with him. "Hi, Jimin! Back from work so soon?"

          Jimin looked at Jungkook and nodded sadly. "I-I was fired... I worked so hard at that job and it was all for nothing.. What got into that old man's head?! It's stupid to replace me like that..." Jimin said shaking his head. "I feel hurt... Now I need a job to support myself..." Jimin claimed.

           Jungkook knew what he wanted to offer to Jimin but first, he needed to get Jimin use to all of this and needed to get him alone so Jungkook can offer Jimin a job... A personal job Jungkook had in mind for. Sure he will pay the man, only if Jimin was up for it. Jungkook's lips began to curve into a ssmile and placed his arm around Jimin. "Listen, Jimin... I can offer you a job.. A personal job.. But we need to talk about this at my house so you'd understand much better. After my shift, let's get to my house so I can explain it."

           Jimin's eyes lit up just hearing everything Jungkook just said. "Y-you will? Wait... Why not talk about this here?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook let out a chuckle.

          "I have work and in order to explain every single little thing.. You need to see something.. Something I want you to do." Jungkook was ready to tell Jimin his secrets if Jimin would take the offer.. All was left was to join Jungkook in his house to see what he asked for. Jungkook held up his hand to shake with Jimin's. "Deal?"

          Jimin nodded and shook hands with Jungkook happily. "Deal!"