Chapter 1

***Lexxi's POV***

And I'll look after you. I silently sung along to the familiar tune playing in the radio booth. I ran my fingers through my thick dark hair in an attempt to smooth out the tangles. Thank God this is a radio show, i don't want anyone seeing me like this. Why did Kat decide to go an a year long trip to Spain now?! The last few notes of the song played and I glanced over to my best friend Bex and gave her a nervous smile. Am i really doing this?! I was terrified to give a speech in front of my small class a school, how am i going to be able to do a radio show? How does Kat do this every week?! How can Bex be so confidant? "And that was The Fray with Look After You! Stay tuned becuase next up is Late NIght Kat Khat! See you tomorrow!" Said Emma, the DJ before us. "And we're off!" said the producer Trey. Emma picked up her things and left without saying a word to us. As the door closed Trey motioned over to us."Ok girls it's pretty simple just remember what i told you earlier! You'll do great!" He said as he gave us our headphones and hooked up the mic. "Why did i agree to this? Kat owes me big time." I whispered to Bex. "Shut up you'll do great! I've helped Kat loads of times," she said as she adjusted the headphones over her long wavy hair. "You ready?" I gulped nervously and managed to nod. I watched Trey settle into his seat outside the booth at the switchboard and hit a couple of buttons. "Ok girls you're on in 3...2...1" I sat up in my chair and squirmed nervously. Ready or not my voice was about to be heard.