Chapter 34

***Niall's POV***

I hope Lexxi likes Chinese food. I grabbed the bag containing the takeout I got from Panda Express and walked up to the door of the giant house in front of me. I had a couple days off and I figured since Bex is out of town, Lexxi could use somebody right now. The lads don't know I'm here though. They wouldn't think visiting her is a good idea, but I need to be there for her. I really hope she's ok, she hasn't returned any of my calls so I'm worried. I knocked and a tall blonde girl opened the door. She was wearing yoga pants, a striped sports bra, and her hair was in a side braid. "Oh! You're the blonde one from One Direction!" She said. "Um yeah is Lexxi home?" I asked."Lexxi...? Oh right Alexis! She's probably camped out in her room again. I'm Cammi by the way. Cammi Jennings, her stepsister." She introduced herself. Whoa. Why has Lex been hiding her from us?! "Oh cool I'm...I'm Niall." I said."A's room is upstairs three doors to the left. Hot accent by the way." Cammi said. I smiled and went to Lexxi's room. I knocked on the door. She didn't answer. The door was unlocked though."SURPRISE LEX!" I shouted as I burst into the room. Lexxi was no where to be found. I looked around the room. The bed was unmade, the drawers were dishelved, clothes were everywhere, and the desk was covered in pictures. I walked over for a closer look at the pictures. It was covered in pictures of all of us! One of Harry after we wrote our names all over his arms, one of Liam and Lexxi doing the classic duck face, one of Louis and Bex in matching hats, a picture of me carrying Lexxi after a long game of paintball, and many more. But there was one picture in particular that caught my attention. It was a ripped picture of Lexxi and Zayn that had spilled out of the trash can. It was torn right down the middle. Well Lexxi's been taking this hard. Where is she anyway? All of a sudden I got my answer. There was a note on top of the pictures written on tear stained stationary. 

"'I'm Sorry, I'm sorry for everything. I've made mistakes and I just feel like I need a new start. A new start with someone that wants one too. I'm getting away from all this. Wow, I just realized the only people that will probably be reading this will be Addy when you come to clean my room. Addy I love you! Well, goodbye! Chicago Awaits!" xxx -Alexis Clark

I read over the note 8 times. In disbelief. Lexxi didn't run away! She couldn't have! And who is this person she went with? Then it all clicked. Luke. She doesn't know what she's doing! She could get hurt in more ways than one! I can't let her do this to herself! I need to find her. I ran downstairs and found Cammi sitting there watching a reality show."Cammi how long does it take to get to the nearest airport from here?" I asked frantically."About an hour and a half! But I know a shortcut! I can take you! I'm a great driver I promise." Cammi pulled on a shirt and grabbed her jacket and keys. I get to be in a car with Cammi? Yeah buddy! I ran after her out to her car. I gotta find Lexxi before it's too late.