Chapter 27

***Zayn's POV***

"Ok Zayn they're ready to see you." Said an assistant of our management. I stood and the lads stood with me."Just Zayn." Said the girl, stopping the boys from following me. I walked in the conference room and shut the door behind me.The faces of our management stares at me watching my every move. One of the officials motioned for me to take a seat."So Zayn, we're aware that you take quite an interest with this girl Alexis Clark." The main manager spoke as he slid a picture of her across the table. I nodded and glanced at the picture. She was smiling at something I had said and we were walking on the street holding hands. "Yes, she's my girlfriend." I stated. "Well, we've also noticed that...how can I put this nicely. The One Direction fanbase, they hate her. And it's starting to affect the band's popularity." Well management's trying to tell me something...I don't like where this is going. "So keeping the band and your music career in mind, we think it would be best if you took a break from Alexis." WAIT WHAT?! THEY CAN'T BE SERIOUS! I could feel my heart stop as he said those words."No...I'm sorry I can't do that." I choked out the words. "We don't think you understand. We're only doing what's best for One Directi-" "NO! LEXXI's MY- I'm sorry ALEXIS is my girlfriend and she's not going anywhere!!" I'm pissed and shocked.They all laughed at me."That's cute. But cute isn't gonna keep your fans, Zayn. You know if you don't want to say goodbye, we'd be more than happy to do it for you." No. This is all too much. Management can't do this! They can go after me all they want but I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if they hurt Lexxi. "Fine." I managed to say. I got up and turned to leave but they stopped me."One more thing! You won't tell Alexis we had anything to do with this. If she knew she could use it against us in too many ways." I nodded as I sprinted out the door.I needed to escape.The boys were waiting outside and anxiously stood, wanting to hear the news. They all ran up to me but I pushed past them. Not even my best friends could help me right now.Liam caught up to me at the end of the hall. "Zayn, what'd they say?" He asked."I....I can't be with her anymore." I stammered as I struggled to hold back my tears. "NO. Zayn you can't let this happen! Lexxi can't get her heartbroken again!!" Niall protested. Leaving Lexxi might just be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I'm not ready to let go. I don't think I ever will be.