Chapter 42

***Zayn's POV*** 

How I feel when I'm with you

 Lexxi's perfect voice echoed from down the hall. Ok Zayn here we go. No turning back now. 

With you with you with you with you

 The bridge was coming up. My favorite part. I took a deep breath and stood behind the door to the radio booth. The manager,Trey, smiled at me and signaled for me to do in.

And I will never try to deny that you are my whole life cus if you ever let me go I would die so I won't run I don't need another woman I just need your all or nothing cus if I got that, then I'll be straight, baby you're the best part of my day

I sang my heart out to Lexxi right there on the radio. I sang to her all the words I've been dying to say. She was shocked but she didn't stop playing. She sung the words right back to me. She strummed the last chord and just froze. The song ended all too soon. "Lexxi Clark, I love you." I announced into the microphone. Lexxi put diwn the guitar, got up out of her seat, took off the headphones, and took off running into the rain outside.But this time I got up and ran after her. I'm not letting her get away this time."Lexxi stop!" I called after her. I eventually caught up to her. She had randomly stopped under a streetlight and had her face in her hands. "Lexxi, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I let management get in the way of us. I'm sorry that I broke my promise. I'm sorry that I hurt you in any way. I understand if you hate me, but just hear me out. I've been in love with you ever since I heard your voice singing that song on the radio. And I'll be in love with you until the day I die. You've been on my mind ever since that day, and you showed me a whole new type of love I was searching for. I'm completely in love with you. She looked at me straight in the eyes. "I could never hate you. I love you too much to hate you." She stared back at the ground."I know I'm screwed up. I know I have my flaws and problems. I guess i'm just lost. I'm lost in life and after Luke I thought I'd never love again. But then I found you. You showed me what real love is and I could never hate you for that." She looked back up at me. "But I just kinda expected you to leave me just like everyone else." Lexxi admitted. "Lexxi I never want to leave you. I wanna be with you forever. I want you to stay with me. I never wanna let you go." I said before pulling her into my arms. "If you're a bird I'm a bird." I whispered in her ear. I tilted my head slightly and she did the same. And we kissed there in the pouring midnight rain. A true Notebook moment."Promise you'll stay this time?" She asked. "Forever," I replied as I pressed my lips to hers again. The rain continued to fall as she ran her fingers through my wet hair. She shivered slightly and I held her close to keep her warm. This moment was everything to me. I could just forget about management and the haters and everyone else trying to keep us apart. All I need is right here with me. This is real love.