Chapter 33

***Lexxi's POV***

"You have a visitor Ms Alexis," Our housekeeper Adrienne said as she knocked on my door. Ugh. I'm in no condition to be seeing visitors right now. Plus I know it's not Bex because she's out of town and I'm not ok with anyone seeing me like this. But on the other hand maybe it was my dad back from his trip. So I told Addy to send them in. And in walked Luke Mason. I thought I was done with him! "Luke ?" I said confused. "Hi Lex, um we need to talk." He said as he ran his hand through his hair nervously."So after everything that's happened. I just wanna say sorry. I didn't want to hurt you...it's just I don't know I was drunk and couldn't control myself. I've screwed up and if I could go back and change that night I would. I didn't realize what I had until it was gone. You've been on my mind ever since that night. I still love you Lexxi." Wait...WHAT IS GOING ON?! This is just a bunch of bullshit!! I know the type of person Luke is, he can't change right away just like that."Um Luke, I don-" "Lexxi please! Come back to Chicago with me and I'll prove to you that I've changed! It'll be perfect! Just you and I against the world. What do you say Lex?" Did he just ask me to run away with him?! I can't! But maybe this idea isn't as crazy as it seems. Maybe a new start in a place I don't know will help me move on? And what of Luke really has changed? I'll never know unless I take this chance. "Luke this is really sudden, but I think I'm gonna take you up on that offer!" I said. He smiled a genuine smile, not a Luke smile. "Really Lexxi?! Well meet me at the airport tonight!" I nodded and tried to smile."Don't worry Lex, I'll help you forget all about that British douche ok? You have me now you don't need him." Luke said as he walked out of the room.Oh wow what did I just get myself into?! I better get packing. I threw some random jeans, tops, bras and various styles of underwear into one of my stepsister's old Louis Vuitton suitcases. I also grabbed some sweaters from my closet when a box fell. I know this box! The box contained every single picture of Bex and I with the boys. We were posing, eating, jumping, there were so many random pictures. But one caught my eye. It was a picture of me and Zayn. It was a candid clipped out of a magazine. We were sitting on a bench in the park and he had his arm around me. I was talking mid-sentence and held a Starbucks cup in one hand. But the thing that made the picture special, was the way he looked at me. I never noticed it before. He was concentrating on what I was saying and the look in his eyes was intense. It was love. But was it really? I don't get how one person could fake something like that. I tore the picture in half and shoved it in the trash. Maybe Chicago will be good. I'm all out of faith right now, I need something to look forward to. Something that doesn't include Zayn Malik.