41. "i'll always be here"

I heard lots of giggling coming from upstairs when I walked in the house. I slowly kicked off my shoes and thought nothing of it until I heard it again. It truly baffled me for a second until I leaned into the stairs a little closer and realized what the sounds were. It was moaning.

It could very well be Ryan and Tracy and my face nearly imploded on itself at the thought of that.

I walked upstairs rapidly but as I got closer I heard the sounds were actually coming from my room. I waste no time and bust inside to pull those two out of there. Ryan's got another thing coming if he thinks it's okay to be doing that in my room.

When I open the door my eyes scanned for Ryan and Tracy's faces but they find something else. I couldn't believe it for a moment and I had to blink a few times to make sure I was seeing correctly.

Sawyer stood up shot his arms up in defense. Cam was half naked on the other side of the bed with the guiltiest look on her face. "I can explain." He begins to get dressed.

Tears quickly fill my eyes and my mouth just remains open. I want to cry, I want to punch someone. I can't believe this would happen. I want to speak but I can't. So all that comes out after the waterfall of pain that hits me is a scream.

I scream.

I wake up in my bed screaming. My screaming was sorta hushed though since I was half unconscious it wasn't too loud. But loud enough to wake up Sawyer next to me. He instantly reaches for my arm to bring me back to reality.

"You've been having a lot of nightmares recently." his morning voice is low and groggy. He notices my distressed behavior and gently pulls me in by my waist. He wraps his arms around me and presses his body against mine tightly.

With his warm cheek next to my ear, I begin to calm down. My breathing slows as he caresses my skin. "It's okay baby, it was just a dream. I'm right here." He whispers and I can hear the tiredness in his voice. It was still so early in the morning and we hadn't gotten much sleep last night from the drive back from my dad's house.

"Sawyer?" My eyes are fixed on the street lamp outside my house. I stare at it through my window. "Yes baby?" he whispers.

"Promise you won't leave?" I ask. He lets out a breath while I wait for his response.

"I'll always be here, Holly. To pull you from the edge and calm you down when you wake up screaming. I'm not going anywhere." And with that he places a small soft kiss on my neck, sending a warm tickle up my spine.

After that our eyes closed for a few more hours and my tight grip on Sawyer's hand loosened a little as I drifted asleep.

When I woke up the spot in bed next to me was empty. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms out realizing an almost animalistic sound out of me. The time on the clock read 12:03 pm. Much better.

I threw on his hoodie, that I couldn't seem to let go of, and some black leggings and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

I came downstairs in search of food and I found a plate with a chicken sandwich calling my name so I had to go for it. "Good morning." Mom chirped. I didn't even see her in the kitchen, she nearly gave me a heart attack. "Sawyer is in the living room with Ryan if you're wondering." She says as I bite into the sandwich slightly ungracefully. I was a little spooked by her apparently elated behavior.