Lonely

I woke up in my bed with Aaron and Nash surrounding me.

"Oh thank god." Nash said leaning down and hugging me. Aaron squeezed my hand.

"So I'm uh single now?" I frowned asking the question I already knew the answer to.

"Yes. I am sorry mik." Aaron sadly stated.

"I am sorry I let that girl ruin our relationship...." I silently moped.

"No don't cry!" Nash said hugging me tighter.

"Shawn is really stupid! I don't know why he did that. " Aaron said crossing his arms.

"Yeah, me neither." I sighed. They both sat on my bed and tried to comfort me but nothing could cheer me up.

Shawn's POV:
I sat there crying, why was I crying? oh wait because I broke her already shattered heart.

I only broke up with her so that girl would leave her alone. If anything happened to her... I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I felt so bad, but I couldn't put her in danger. I sighed, knowing I made a good yet bad ,desicion.

Mikayla's POV:

-next morning-

I heard the alarm blaring 'Stay with me' and I slapped it off my night table.
Perfect song to describe my feelings.

I groaned and jumped in the shower. I did my business and got dressed. I put on sweatpants and a tee shirt because I no longer had anyone to impress. I put on no makeup and glumly walked to school. Soon I arrived and everyone gave me sympathetic glances, I guess the news was out. I walked to my locker and put in my combo "5-18-8" and it popped open and a pink note fell out.
I opened it. It read:

Dear Mikayla,

I feel bad for you, Shawn messed up. I am sure he had a good reason though. stay strong.
-?

I wonder who that was, but I appreciated their nice letter. I stuffed the letter in my pocket and sighed. I closed my locker and walked into 1st period to see Shawn sitting with that rude chick who threatened me in detention, and my heart literally broke...again. I frowned and walked past him, hanging my head in shame. I knew this was going to happen, I knew he would find someone better. I sat a few rows behind him and that mean intimidating girl. Our teacher came in and assigned partners for a new project and guess who I was with? Ding ding, you guessed it....Mr.Mendes.

He quietly say next to me.

"Uh hi." He quickly said awkwardly.

"That's all you fuckin say? Typical." I rolled my eyes looking at him.

"What do you want me to say to my ex girlfriend?" He said and I cringed. that word. No longer his girlfriend, I slowly died on the inside.

"You wanna know something Shawn?" I asked getting ready to sass him.

"You're a fucking dick. And I hope you know that that bitch you were talking to? She was the one who made us break up because she made me stay away from you. I am done with you. I gave you too many chances. I guess it's just pretty hard to forget about someone you love." I snapped. I felt a tear run down my face, why me? Why does he always make me cry?

He sat there in shock, he didn't know what to say. If it were me, I wouldn't know either.

"I am sorry babygirl." that's all he said.

"Too bad I am not your babygirl anymore. Too bad I was never good enough for you. I was never made to go out with you. Its impractical, I can't date someone that's too popular. you can't date someone unpopular like me. I am not skinny or pretty. We were never made to be. it breaks my heart more than you'll ever know shawn. You'll always be a bully. someone who always hurts me..." I shouted at him. No one paid attention except that detention girl.

"I love you." he said.

"Oh really? You can't say something you don't mean because it really hurts me inside." I told him.

"Cassidy and I are just friends." Shawn said pointing at that detention girl, who wasn't paying attention now.

"While we were still dating she told me that she wanted you and basically made us break up. What a good friend." I sarcastically said crossing my arms.

"Fine, I don't know what to tell you. I hurt you." He said shaking his head. I lifted my hand and slapped him right across the face.

"Bitch!" he said holding his face.

"You're a dick." I said getting up and walking out of class as the bell rang.

"Okay and I hope you know that I put that note in your locker." Shawn said and I stopped in my tracks.

"I broke up with you because i didn't want you to get hurt by cassidy. she honestly means nothing to me. I didn't want my love getting hurt or threatened anymore, it was a mistake but I did it for your safety." He said. Was he bullshitting me again? But me being a pathetic loser for Shawn of course ....

ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm sorry." I said regretting that I slapped him.

"It's okay, I was acting dick-ish." he said frowning.

"You only did that to protect me and i appreciate it. I love you shawn. " I told him kissing him.

"I love you more, be my girlfriend again?" he smiled.

I smiled back and nodded and then heard a voice from behind me.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him..."