Wake up soon

We waited in the waiting room at the hospital. We being Nash, me, Aaron, Taylor, Jack Johnson, Jack Gilinsky, Carter, Matt, and even Cameron. yuck. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I was smushed on a couch in between Johnson and Aaron. They all kept trying to talk to me but nothing would work. My boyfriend was shot for heavens sake. I hoped he wouldn't die. what would I be without him? Nothing. I would be nothing. Soon Aaliyah showed up along with her parents. She was crying like crazy. I got up to hug her. I hugged her tight.

"Mikayla?" she asked.

"Yes?" I quietly said.

"You're really special to shawn. He always talks about you and I look at the way he stares at you. He really does love you." she cried. I was crying now even harder. I sat down again and she sat across the room with her parents.

A nurse came out into the waiting area.

"Mendes?" she said looking at us. We all nodded.

"Shawn's into a - a coma." She sadly responded.

"How-how long is he gonna be in a coma?" Nash questioned frowning.

"He had so much blood loss, considering he was shot in the chest...it could be a while. I am very sorry." the elderly nurse said exiting the room.

I sat there stunned. I didn't cry anymore, I didn't have the strength to anyway. Everyone stared at me.

"Mikayla? Do you need anything?" Gilinsky comfortingly asked.

"I want Shawn to be okay." I mumbled, sighing.

"Hey you wanna go in and see him?" Taylor asked looking at me. I quietly nodded and he got up with me and walked me to his room.
He opened the door and there laid Shawn. Shawn just sat there with a bunch of cords around him, he looked dead. He was pale and his hair was all messy, he was barely breathing.

"Taylor can you leave me for a bit?" I quietly asked him. He nodded and pat me on the back. He left and closed the door behind him. I sat down next to shawn. seeing him like this broke my heart.

"Hey baby. I don't know if you can hear this but I just wanted to say I love you. I don't know if you'll make it but just make sure Aaliyah and your family will be okay? I am sure you would make a great angel but it's not your time yet. You're my everything. I love your beautiful voice, your funny hats, your gorgeous smile, and just you. I am gonna hate having you in the hospital for who knows how long. I just want to say i'm sorry if I ever did anything to offend you, I never ment it, you're my dream boy. Just hearing you voice makes me smile. Wake up soon Shawn Mendes, I love you." I said kissing his forehead and squeezing his hand. I slowly got up and left him. I closed the door behind me and just stared in...what am I without him? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.