Chapter 1 : Awaken (Edited✔)

Update: I made a new cover since ^.^
Still it was very kind of her to make the previous cover hehe.❤

And of course my biggest thanks is to solitarypathways for editing my work, I just don't have the right words to express how happy and how much I appreciate your work into editing my book. You're the best!❤

On a beautiful-almost serene-afternoon, with a clear cerulean sky, the sunlit skyscrapers flaunted the city's brilliance

"You have been there, haven't you?" a woman's ominous voice said.

"A world where the inhabitants go against each other for territory. There'd be peace and war once more, a never-ending cycle. They'd continue until the journey to the stars."

A rocket launched into the high atmosphere and eventually into space.

"However," she continued. "All things must end."

Appeared from the void of space was an enormous ship; the rocket got crushed by the mothership as it collided into it. The ship shot a projectile into the atmosphere of the planet that left behind a trail of fire.

It created a massive collision near the city, and in its wake was an atomic explosion of radiation and superheated clouds of hot gas and ash that engulfed the entire city as it got wiped out in an instant.

The ship ignited a few more projectiles, craving to end all of life.

Decades later, hot ash still tumbled on the remains of the first city which had met its demise. A black cloud that only rained ash engulfed the entire planet-a planet once rich with life now a dead husk of its former self.

"You didn't see it before the attack?" the woman's voice said.

"You woke up to that destruction; it was the first thing you have known."

A lone dog with its bones jutted out prowled on the ground, sniffing, searching endlessly for food, deep underground, past the roots of trees long dead. A small closed-in room shrouded with embers along the walls and floor stood underneath the earth. In there was a glass tank full of water with an unconscious woman inside, wearing an oxygen mask.

The cider-covered screen lit up.

"It's the first thing you saw. . ." the woman said once more.

The unconscious girl in the tank stirred and, after a few beats, slowly opened her eyes.

"So tell me, do you really miss it there?"

"Regeneration complete. . ." announced a female computer's voice.

The girl inside the tank started to panic while the water within began to drain. She took off the oxygen mask and tried hitting on the glass, demanding to be freed. The tank opened, making her fall to the floor; she gasped and coughed out water as she struggled to push herself up, her white hair getting stained by the dirt on the floor.