Chapter XXVII: When The Light Fades Away (Edited✔)

Alecia woke up, gazing at the ceiling

            Alecia woke up, gazing at the ceiling. After a few moments, she sat, wiped her left eye, swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood, exiting the room and continuing down the passage. When she entered the room with desks, no one was there. She narrowed her eyes, deep in thought, and looked over her shoulder, before striding back into the passage in hurried steps. 

            “Hey, Alecia.” Chuck’s voice cut through the silence, coming from a speaker against the corner of the room. “I see, you’re now awake.” 

            “Where are you?”

            “In the chamber room,” he said. “I’m watching you from the camera feed.”

            “Should I come to you?”

            “I was about to ask you that. Yes, come here, please. We need to talk.”

            Alecia looked at the iron door and walked towards it, sporting a nervous expression. She opened the door and entered into the passage leading towards the chamber room. Chuck was there, near the chamber with the synthetic woman. As soon as she stepped in, he turned his full attention to her.

            “Will you give me a hand here?”

            She stepped down the few stairs and strode towards him. 

            “Sleep well?” he asked, stepping away.

            She disregarded his question and instead stepped beside him. “What do you want me to do?” When she came nearer, it made it easier for her to observe the black pipes attached to the synthetic woman's back.

            “I’ve been trying to connect the last two pipes.” Chuck crouched down and looked at it from a different angle. “My hands are too big to fit. I’m sure you can fit your hands through there.”

            “You sure? I could do something wrong.”

            “Don’t worry about that. It doesn’t matter which one is connected.”

            She turned her gaze to the woman, and stepped towards the chamber, reaching her hand between the pipes, trying to grab the one which was disconnected.

            “And?” Chuck asked after a moment of waiting. 

            She frowned in frustration as she had her whole forearm in the chamber, while she kept herself from touching the synthetic-woman. 

            “I keep dropping it.”

            “No problem,” Chuck said calmly. “I need you for something else anyway.”

            Alecia gasped when a hand injected her neck with a syringe; she stepped away from the chamber, holding her neck, with Chuck staring at her and slowly lowering the syringe to his side.