Chapter XXVI: Nothing In The Shell (Edited✔)

Alecia stood up from her seat

Alecia stood up from her seat. "I'm just going to talk to Chuck."

Norah nodded, smiling slightly. "Okay."

"Hey. . . Chuck?"

"What's up?" he asked, hanging his arm over the back of his chair.

Alecia wasted no time. "What do you know about me?"

She trained her eyes to him. His lips twisted into a slight smile.

"More than you know."

Alecia widened her eyes and straightened her back.

"Norah?" she wondered aloud. "Does she know?"

He shook his head. "Only so much."

Chuck leaned to his side to look at Diana and Virgil talking to each other.

"What did you want to show me?"

"Excellent question." He grinned and stood up from his seat obligingly, striding to the door of the room in haste.

"Come, Alecia," he said, his voice echoing across the room.

Alecia locked her eyes on him and hopped off the desk. When she reached him, she whirled around and gazed at Diana and Virgil for a moment. They were far too busy discussing amongst themselves to notice her. Chuck opened the door and let Alecia go in first. He stepped in as well and closed the door behind himself.

Alecia and Chuck walked down another passage with another door at the end of it. She halted in front of the door and waited for him.

"Oh no, don't wait for me," he said, opening the door, and gestured for her to walk in first.

Alecia flickered her eyes between the doorway and him and walked through the doorway and into a dark room.

"Careful."

Lights flickered on and a large room that looked very different from the others came into view. The room had chambers with large pipes connecting to each one and screens fitted on each silver chamber. Four chambers were on each side where a narrow floor stood in the middle and reached the other side of the room.

She noticed that she was standing on a metal floor that led a few stairs into the room.

"This room..." Alecia said, an intrigued look in her eyes.

"It reminds me a lot of-"

"The room that you found yourself in?" Chuck interrupted her.

"So is it this you wanted to show me?"

"Nope," Chuck said, stopping at a console against the wall.

"It took me a while-" he typed on the keyboard.

Alecia stood behind him while looking around. He looked over his shoulder at her.

"-before I finally hacked into its encryption." He turned to the blue screen before him, as it reflected from his eyes.