Chapter 39: Whole Once More (Edited By Me)

Clinching her hands into fists as they grabbed handfuls of ash.
"Eva..." Leah said, her voice sounded quite, and cold.
"You...are just lile them,"

Tears continued to stream down her face.
"I'm tired of monsters like you," her voice raised up slightly.

Looking down at for a moment, Alecia noticed her Leah's hands beginning to emit calm transparent blue flames. It slowly started spreading up her arms and across her whole body.
"I-I will show you what happens when you hurt my anyone I love."

She stood herself up before glaring at Eva. Her pupils shined brighter.

"Your brother tried the same thing and it didn't work," Eva said before huffing at her.
"What makes you any different?"

The flames around Leah's body condensed before releasing itself around her body.
"I will show you."

Moving into a stance, Alecia turned her gaze to Eva.
"I'll help you." The flaming aura around her flowed faster.

"No," Leah said, keeping her gaze on Eva.
"I'll put an end to her myself with one attack."

Frowning, Alecia moved out from her stance.
"What do you mean? What are you planning?"

"You'll see." The flames around Leah's body surged violently.

Eva narrowed her gaze.
"I'm getting tired of everyone trying to kill me. Just because I see differently." She turned her gaze to Alecia.
"You're the only one here who would understand why I do what I do."

"Shut up!" Leah snapped at her.
"I'll shut you down permanently!" Just then, she forced out a loud scream, and with that, the flames around her body spread out in a giant pulse of energy that engulfed everything around her, including Alecia, and Eva before spreading out in a large radios.

Shielding her eyes, Alecia lowered her arm, her hair continued to flow back from the wind. Widening her eyes a bit,  she watched as energy continued to shoot out from Leah.

After a moment, a pulse disappeared, before Leah collapsed to her hands and knees.

Looking all around herself, Alecia was surprised to see the surrounding area was still the same as it was before.

Looking ahead of herself, she saw Eva, still standing, and unaffected as well.

Leah tried to catch her breath, still staring wide-eyed at the ash-covered surface. Nothing but her tears that fell into the ash.

Frowning at her, Eva's eyes narrowed.
"What did you think would happen?" She asked her before stepping towards her slowly; her turquoise pupils gazed down at her.
"I'd fall over and die?"

Leah gritted her teeth, looked up at her; her pupils still shined bright blue.
"Why the glare?" Eva's voice, sounding calm and cold.
"You had your chance and you couldn't do it." Her lips twist into a smirk.

She raised her hand, with her palm now facing Leah. The turquoise flames to slither around her wrist and condensed into a sphere of energy.
"Just like him, I will now end you." The sphere pulsed a few times before enlarging itself.
"Farewell."

"That's enough!" Alecia flew down to her with an arched arm, readying to attack.

Within a moment in time, Eva looked up at her, and shifted away from her attack. In that brief moment, the sphere faded out.

With a stern look on Eva's face she punched Alecia a few times, causing shockwaves from each attack to her face and body.

After a moment the flames around Alecia ceased, before being kicked, forcing her tumbling away into the ash-dirt; leaving her facedown on the ground. With arms trembling, she slowly picked herself up.