Chapter 17: Her Past Memory (Edited✔)

"Here's a place for you to sleep," Kellan said as she pulled the door open and entered into the room

Alecia was the first to step in. The room was larger than any room she had seen before. Six single steel beds stood against the cement wall.

"You can choose whatever bed." Kellan grabbed the handle of the door and closed as the three stepped out. She walked with them further down the passage.

Virgil sighed. "I appreciate what you and your father is doing, but we can't stay the night, we really need to be on our way."

He took once glance behind him.

"I understand that," Kellan said with a reasonable tone. "I'm sorry, but you can't leave today."

They turned a corner, entering into a place where people were seated near steel tables. Their clothing was all rotten and dull, small holes in their clothes. They were far too busy with their exchange of words, unaware of the visitors. Alecia scanned across the room, looking at each of them, intrigued.

"I don't really understand why we should stay the night," Virgil said to Kellan whose back faced him.

Kellan lowered her head and sighed, turning around. "I'm beginning to lose my patience. Are you even aware of those hunters?"

Virgil stared at her for a moment, irritated.

"I am," replied he, lifting his chin and gazing down at her.

"Then you should know how they can track you and how dangerous they are."

Kellan met his eyes. "You want to leave? I can't stop you. But you can endanger everyone here and if you decide to go. . ." Her gaze now filled in sorrow.

"Good luck outrunning that armored vehicle of theirs."

She turned away from him and walked her way down the hallway. Virgil sighed as he looked around the crowded room.

"I guess we can go sit there," he said, gesturing his hand and moving forward, but he got interrupted by a hand grabbing his shoulder. When he turned, an armored guy with a weapon stood before him.

"What do you think you're doing with weapons in here? Give them to me."

"Why? You've got a weapon," Virgil said, leaning in for a quick look.

"I'm not a visitor."

"Let's just give them up, Virgil," Diana said, handing the man her weapon.

Virgil handed him the weapon, sighing irritably.

"How about you, darling?" asked he, turning to Alecia.

Alecia took out hers and stared at it, hesitating.

"Now, Silver Hair," he said impatiently.

She glared up at the man and handed it to him. He turned away and walked into the passage.