Chapter 4

The day of the party has arrived.

I'm eighteen today and this is the day I am going to meet the man I am going to marry, or not. That is still up for debate.

Mother had arranged for a professional hairdresser and make up artist to assist me on preparing me to the ball. According to her I needed to be perfect tonight, we only have one chance at a first impression, she normally says.

After the previous day, I decided to enjoy myself today. It was my birthday after all, I was now legal and of age to receive the Alpha position permanently. Even after everything that is going on in my life, I will make this day a great day.

I celebrated the morning with my friends and now I was going to celebrate the night with them, the only thing different was the dress code.

I look at myself in the mirror  and admire the final look. I had to admit I looked good.

I put on my black butterfly shaped mask and I was ready to go down and join the others

Slowly I make my way downstairs, and I see the party at full swing, everybody was either laughing and talking or dancing with their respective partners

Slowly I make my way downstairs, and I see the party at full swing, everybody was either laughing and talking or dancing with their respective partners. I see my father waiting for me at the end of the staircase and I quickly make my way to him. He holds my hand and kisses my forehead.

"You look beautiful Juliet" he compliments "Happy Birthday"

"Thank you father"

He leads me to the dance floor where he leads me trough the dance. My father had been the one who had taught me how to dance, so we managed to not step each other in the toes and actually look like we knew what we were doing.

"Dax will be here soon" my father announced "I expect you to be at your best behavior"

"Yes father" I assure him

"Go to your friends, enjoy the night, when he arrives I will come and collect you."

We finish the dance and part ways. I immediately flushed with birthday wishes and congratulations. I was kind and make sure I talked with everybody, it was my duty as an alpha to know my people and look approachable to them.