Chapter 14

"Nanna?" I call out to her, calling with the nickname I had given her.

"In here my child" she responds. I follow her voice and I see her sitting in a different room than the one she was in the last time I saw her. I smiled when I saw her.

"You look very cheerful today" she remarks "Tell me...did you make things right with Romeo?" she asks

"I did, in a way" I tell her "We agreed that we are mates and that we should give us a chance, but nobody else knows, we couldn't risk it."

"Yes...yes...that was the right decision. Our people are still not ready for that change, but give it time...yes...time...time can fix all wounds." she says staring at the window, her mind seemed anywhere else but here.

"I have some good news for you" I say trying to contain my excitement

"For me? What could you possibly have to tell me?" she asks with curiosity

"I found him. Mickail...I know where he is." I announce taking hold of her hands and squeezing them as if to make an even further claim of my words.

"Mickail?" she asks not believing "You talked to Mickail?"

"Not exactly, Romeo did." I correct her "He's the one who has been helping Romeo to understand the meaning of mates, like you do to me. He told...he told me to tell you that Mickail still carries with him your ring located right next to his heart." I say

She looks very emotional right now. A tear falls down her cheek and she places a hand over her heart while squeezing with the other my hand, she had a really strong grip for someone her age.

"He still has it..." she says full of emotions, her eyes were wet but in her lips she had the biggest smile.

"He still thinks about you nanna, after all this years, you never once left his heart" I comfort her.

" My Mickail..." she whispers in adoration "Thank you my child" she says grateful "Thank you for giving an old woman a reason to keep hoping."

"Well, you know what they say about hope" I say "It breeds eternal misery. Which I guess in your case it was quite accurate."

"But never once have I regretted it

"But never once have I regretted it. Even if it was just for a little while, the times I spend with him where the best of my life. With me I have only the happy memories of our time together, all the pain and misery that came after were a pale substitute of those times." she informs me "Even if I had the chance to do it all again, I wouldn't change anything, for then destiny would not have brought you to me"

"I don't believe in destiny." I say

"You don't have to believe in something to make it come true. Everybody who walks this earth has a destiny to fulfill, perhaps mine was to guide you in your story with Romeo, and all the heartbreak and misery that followed me trough the course of my life was necessary to better guide you." she says wisely "Don't be afraid of destiny Juliet, he his just like time, you can't outrun him, he always manages to catch you."