Chapter 26

His arrival changed everything.

He arrived two days after we left the clinic. With him being here, I knew he would report all of my actions to my father. That brought a problem, we couldn't have him find out about the shared training of the packs. If my father ever caught wind of what was happening in his pack, then he would leave the Alpha King and run down here to personally kick my ass and restore the pack to its usual self.

We couldn't have that, not yet. Not when we were finally seeing results from it. So we had to come up with something to keep him occupied while our young's are training, and obviously I was the sacrificial lamb. Romeo was not happy when he found out about this, but unfortunately there was no other way. It wasn't exactly like I was thrilled about it, I mean, I am the one who has to be by his side constantly, keeping him occupied with goddess knows what! But no matter how much we didn't like it, it had to be done.

I was comfortably sleeping in my bed after an exhausting day where  my sentinels woke me up reporting his arrival to the pack. Obviously, as it is my duty, I had to welcome him in person to the pack, at four a.m.! What kind of bastard arrives at 4h00 a.m. especially when he knows how early we usually wake up. Just that incident left me in a bad mood all day, the only thing that made my day worth it were the chocolate muffins that kept appearing in my locker.

I knew exactly who had put them there, and when Dax asked me who left those for me, I would lie and tell him that my pack members often left treats in my locker to cheer me up. When he asked why, I just answered "Apparently I can be quite mean when I'm angry or upset, so they have made it a habit to leave treats to cheer me up".

"That's stupid" he states

"No, that's love" I answer annoyed "If you want to know what stupid looks like, then you should look at yourself in the mirror more often".

Romeo happened to be passing by at that moment and heard what I had just said, which as a result had him laughing hard along with his Beta who was looking at us amused.

Dax was the only one who didn't seemed to find anything amusing about the situation. He looked at me angry and stormed down the school's hall in anger. I didn't mean to say it like that, but my patience only goes so far.

I found him again later that morning, he was surrounded by a groupie of girls who seemed to be a command away to drop their panties at his request. He seemed to be much more happier now that he is back on being the center of attention. What this guy didn't realize was that he was only jeopardizing himself, he seemed to have forgotten what he had been brought here to do in the first place and that was to won me over, but apparently he didn't find me worth the effort. He must think he already has this marriage in the bag. I laugh internally, this guy had no idea who he had agreed to marry to.

"Why do guys who look the hottest, act the dumbest?" Nadia suddenly asks appearing next to me, seeing exactly the same thing I am.

"Because they think with their lower head and not with their brains" I respond, my lips involuntary lifting. Nadia could always lift my spirits.

"Haven't seen you in a while" I comment giving her my entire attention

"Oh you know...I've been busy with training and all" she says but I could tell she was trying to hide a blush from forming. What was that all about?

"You've been really into the training experience" I comment trying to fish some information out "I'm surprised, I remember it was not long ago, that you used to say how you would die before we ever see you working a sweat willingly."

"Oh... you know with everything that has been going on, and all this talk about unity, I figured I give it a shot." she says casually shrugging it off