Chapter 35

I jolt awake at the sound of a scream.

"Stop please!" I hear a girl beg. She screams again in pain.

I try get up so that I could get to her, but something held me back. I look at my feet and notice how they are chained to the floor in silver cuffs. Now that I notice it, I start to register the burning on the region where the cuff touched the skin.

I look around and the first thing I notice is that it's dark, if not for my werewolf abilities I wouldn't be able to see anything around me. I was in some kind of cell. There were chains everywhere. I'm guessing this is where the hunters keep the werewolves when they are not torturing them. A moan of pain catches my attention and I look at the other side of my cell, I see the figure of another person, a werewolf, and one I knew too well.

"Nadia?" I call out hoping that I was wrong. I crawl next to her, to the maximum that my chains allowed, I could barely reach her but I was still able to reach her head. "Nadia is that you? Wake up!"

She moans again but this time she moves. Slowly she turns to me and I can see the shock and relief in her eyes when she sees me.

"Juliet?" she calls out. I nod and smile reassuringly at her. She moves to where I am so that I don't have to stretch myself to get to her. She hugs me tight and softly cries on my shoulder.

"You're here" she cries on my shoulder "You're really here"

"I'm here" I reassure her, holding her tight. Giving her the comfort that she needed "Now we just need to find out a where here actually is."

"The hunters...they caught me when I was walking to my car." she tells me "I try to fight them...I think I got one of them but they...they had this sticks, and it hurt...it hurt so bad Juliet" she confesses, her face resting on my shoulder.

"Do you know if they have more of us here?" I ask her

She nods with her head "They put us on the back of a truck. I recognized three other werewolves from the Montague pack. They all go to our school."

"Then I'm sure the alphas have already noticed that they have members missing." I say trying to find hope in tat "They must be looking for us already."

"Will you stay with me?" Nadia asks vulnerable looking at me face to face

"Always" I respond

She crawls into my lap and places her head on it

She crawls into my lap and places her head on it. I gently caress her hair, hoping to give her the comfort she was looking for. We stay in silence for what felt like an hour. During that time, the only sounds that could be heard were of the girl screaming, sometimes a boy yelled as well. I also noticed that my body response to the wolf bane in Romeo's body was starting to decrease, meaning they had stop giving it to him.

"I found my mate" Nadia whispers breaking the silence

I stop caressing her head. The shock of her words sinking in.