Chapter 32

"What is the meaning of this?" my father asks as he enters the room.

We were in a business center in the middle of the town. This is where many of pack and human business were located. Their were lots of empty offices with enough privacy so we wouldn't have to worry about being heard by outsiders.

"Hello father, mother." I acknowledged them "Thank you for meeting us here"

"Juliet darling, what's all this about?" my mother asks confused "Why did you ask us to meet here?"

"We have many things that we need to discuss mother. Things that couldn't be discussed in our land. We had to meet at a neutral location." I start explaining.

My father tensed at my words. I knew he would get the meaning behind my words.

"Juliet you better not..." he started saying but was soon interrupted by Thomas Montague.

"Now this was not the welcoming party I was expecting." he says with a smirk on his face, his wife Grace following close behind him with an arm around Romeo's. "Capulet...always a displeasure" he greets

Before my father could respond I step in the middle stopping their battering before it even begins. "Now is not the time for petty remarks" I say making my father smirk "That means you too dad"

"So you're the reason my son has drag me and my wife here. Do pray tell what cause the need to gather us all here." Thomas Montague says sarcastically but I could tell he was apprehensive, perhaps even intrigued.

I look at Romeo and he came to stand by my side. We wanted to show that we were an united front. I saw my mother eye us curiously maybe even a little suspicious.

"As you well know, the past few weeks both our packs have become targets to an human organization that called themselves hunters." I begin

"Not this again Juliet" my father interrupts me "I already told you that matter was being taken cared of. Besides whatever information you have is not to be disclosed to anyone outside our pack."

"You're wrong" I tell him "They are targeting both Montague and Capulet members. Myself and Romeo have been targeted, and they almost succeeded if I do say so myself."

"What are you talking about?" my mother asks alarmed at the same time Romeo's mother says "What do you mean targeted?"

Both Alphas in the room had the nerve to look angry at me for saying that.

"I was shot at while I was in the forest. They were aiming to kill but I manage to detect them in time to move so the bullet pierced my shoulder." I let the information sink in "A silver bullet." My mother gasps shocked. Clearly my father had not informed her of the attack.

"I was injected with silver in my blood stream. I was lucky I was in a clinic already or else I would not have been here today." Romeo added.

"Why weren't we informed of this?" my mother asks angrily and concerned

"You were" I tell her "Father sent Dax to keep me company, which by the way father you and I are going to have a very important conversation regarding him." I tell him looking at him straight in the eyes feeling angry and betrayed.

"Thomas did you know about this?" Grace Montague asks her husband looking very angry

"Romeo is quite capable of taking care of himself. There was no reason to alarm you" he responds

"My son was almost killed and you have the nerve to say that there wasn't a reason to alarm me?" she yells with a hard look in her eyes.

"Darling now it's not the best time to discuss this" he says trying to calm her down.