Chapter 13 - Birthday Eve

Surprisingly you were up really early and you face-palmed when you realized it was only seven thirty in the morning. You couldn't remember climbing up into Jacks bed so he must've lifted you. Of course he was still asleep so you gently took his arm away from your waist and grabbed your toothbrush. 

"I look like a monster." You whispered to yourself being as quiet as possible. You washed your face and used a wipe to get rid of yesterdays makeup, put your hair up in a messy bun and then started the vlog.

"Good morning guys, so I don't know were I ended the vlog last night but I'm whispering because everyone is asleep. Jack and I touched down in Pennsylvania and of course I was the one who fell asleep while wrapping Isla's birthday presents." You giggled to yourself and then shut the camera off. When you went downstairs, Darrin was sat at the dining room paper doing something on his laptop and Kristin was in the kitchen.

"Morning Y/N, how did you sleep?" Darrin asked looking up.

"Good morning, and it was okay, I don't know why I'm up so early." You told him.

"You've been travelling a lot lately, so your sleeping pattern must be crazy." 

"You can say that again." You chuckled. When you entered the kitchen, by the looks of things, Kristin looked like she had just finished wrapping gifts.

"I didn't even see you there Y/N. You're up early." She exclaimed.

"It's this whole travelling thing I suppose. That's a lot of presents." You were blown away considering when you turned nine, all you received were coloring books and coloring pens.

"We said we weren't gonna go overboard, but you know we always do." She laughed. You made yourself a coffee and sat yourself outside with Jacks dog who was rested on your feet. Kristin eventually came and sat outside with you.

"I forgot you loved coming outside in the morning, even when its cold." She took a sip of her drink.

"I do this all the time. I guess it's like a wake up call, and it's quite relaxing." You told her. 

"Well, Ava won't get up till about nine, Sydnie might be up soon, Jack won't be awake until ten and we can go wake Isla otherwise she'll sleep in all day." 

"I'll go get her after I've drunk this." You told her, she nodded. Within fifteen minutes you had finished. You carefully moved the dog away from your feet and headed to go and get Isla. When you opened the door to her room, she was still fast asleep.

"Isla-Rose."  You cooed, opening her curtains slightly as the sun was rising. 

"Time to wake up munchkin, it's your birthday tomorrow." You went over and sat on the edge of her bed, slightly shaking her.

"I'll take you for your shopping spree today." Her eyes slowly began to open.

"Shopping?" She yawned, you nodded. She put her arms in the air, sort of like a toddler and you picked her up.

"Let's start the day off with some breakfast." You told her, warily walking down the stairs with her in your arms.

"Morning sleepy." Kristin kissed her daughters cheek.

"Morning mom." You put her down and she walked to the kitchen and made herself breakfast. You went and sat next to her.

"Are you excited for your birthday?" You asked her, she nodded with a big smile on her face.

"It's even better now that you, Jack and Sydnie are back. I love having you all back at once." You grinned.

"We promised we'd be back in time for your birthday. Now, I was gonna take you shopping the day after your birthday, but I suppose we could do today if you wanted?" You told her.

"That sounds amazing bubby! Can I be in your vlog? Are the others coming with us?" She squealed as she began to eat her breakfast quickly.

"Babe calm down you might choke. Yes you can be in my vlog, you don't even have to ask and it's completely up to you who you want to come with us." You said. She slowed down her breakfast and put a thinking face on.

"I think me, you and Ava, so then mom can catch up with Sydnie and Jack." She might have been eight but she sure as hell was thoughtful when it came to family.

"Okay, so, Ava will probably take a while getting ready so we'll wake her up in a minute, but if you get dressed then I'll do two french braids in your hair like how I did when you flew to LA." You took her empty bowl and put it in the dishwasher and when you went back, Isla had run up the stairs.

"I'm glad Jack has you Y/N, you are so good to all of us, and I assure you, it doesn't go unnoticed." Darrin hugged you.

"Thank-you Darrin, it's the least I can, you're family." You smiled. Ava took some convincing to wake up but when she did, she immediately got ready and by nine you were all in the shopping mall.

"I cannot believe you convinced me to come out this early, on a weekend." She joked.

"You can chose a few things too, it's about time I spoiled you both again." You told them. A few things for Ava ended up in seven bags from different stores but you didn't mind, whereas Isla had made sure to take advantage of her unlimited shopping spree and you ended up needing someone from a store to help carry out the bags she had.

"Well that was a well spent day." Isla giggled putting her seat-belt on.

"Your mom is gonna kill me." You referred to all the clothes and toys that were overflowing the trunk and back seats.

"Thank-you Y/N." Ava smiled, satisfied with the things she got. 

"You're welcome honey." You began driving.

"Thank-you bubby, I love everything." Isla stated from behind.

"I'm glad Isla, happy birthday eve." You snickered making her laugh. When you pulled back into the driveway, you just about managed to get everything through the front door with the help of Ava and Isla.

"Holy cow!" Kristin exclaimed, seeing the living room literally scattered in presents.

"You could say I spoiled her?" You questioned.

"Oh my gosh, that's a lot." You heard Jack from the stairs, your big smile turned into a frown when you saw Aspen right behind him.

"I could've done better." You heard her whisper, and it made you angry.

"Shame you didn't Aspen, don't do this right now." You sighed walking away from everyone, Isla followed you though.

"Isla, just leave her." Aspen told her but she didn't.

"No, I need to see if she's okay." Isla ran after you and hugged you.

"Thank-you baby doll." You kissed her cheek.

"Don't worry Y/N, no one can compare to you, and your amazing presents." It wasn't Aspen behaving like that, it was Jack. He didn't even try to defend you and who knows what they were up to upstairs?