Chapter 34 - Sad News

The next morning, you felt more drained then aching whereas Christina was throwing up in the toilet and Andrea was refusing to get up from her bed. Amanda was chilling watching cartoons on the television with a slight smirk. Amanda had clearly slept on the couch and Andrea was next to you.

"I could seriously do with a hot chocolate right now." Andrea groaned from under the covers. You took it upon yourself to go and check on Christina.

"How you feeling?" She looked at you with a pale face.

"Not so great. Can you order room-service?" She asked, flushing the toilet.

"Course, what do you want?"

"Pancakes, a full English breakfast and one big glass of orange juice." She replied. You headed back out to the phone which was next to your bed.

"Do y'all want any room service?" You asked the other girls.

"Just order as much as you want for all of us to eat." Amanda told you. And that's exactly what you did.

"Hello can I have room service please?" You asked through the phone.

"Of course, what would you like?" Scanning through the menu, you quickly chose a load of different food.

"Four plates of chocolate chip pancakes, four full English's breakfasts, four large orange juices with straws, a large water bottle, two plates of whole grain toast with butter, four hot chocolates and a chocolate cake please." You told her and surprisingly she wasn't that judgemental.

"Okay darling, your food will be with you in around half an hour." She told you and you hung up the phone. The four of you minus Andrea all got changed and by the time you were all done the door knocked. Being the safe and anxious person you were checked through the peep hole to see who it was and you nearly passed out.

"No freaking way!" You screeched opening the door. The girls rushed over to see what was going on.

"What are you doing here?!" You wanted to cry. In came Sydnie, Kristin, Ava, and Isla. You hugged them all tightly.

"Hello to you too Y/N." Isla playfully sassed.

"Hi!" You laughed ushering for them to come in.

"Please excuse the state of Christina and Y/N's room. They don't know how to clean." Amanda joked.

"Speaking of which Y/N, we have to leave soon remember?" Andrea said finally getting out of bed. You were about to question everything but then you remembered.

"I completely forgot you two had to go back to the university. That's why you couldn't come to the wedding." You sighed.

"We'll be with you in spirit." Amanda laughed. You nodded and started putting things away.

"Did you girls get a room?" You asked them.

"Yeah, we booked a room in advance." Kristin took a seat on the edge of your bed.

"You had this planned all along?" And they all smirked at you. Room service came and you all shared and ate together. Then Amanda and Andrea left.

"So how was last night?" Sydnie asked trying not to laugh.

"A little to much for what I could handle. Now, we leave for Hawaii soon, so what are we gonna do today?" You questioned. Tonight was definitely not gonna turn out like last night especially since the Ava and Isla were there.

"We're obviously gonna go for dinner. But after that I have no idea." You told them.

"How about we go on a shopping spree in Times Square?" Christina suggested.

"It's settled, shopping it is. But I'd rather do it now to save the hassle of it at night." You told them. Everyone was pondering about so Kristin took this as an advantage and took you to the balcony.

"Well I'm glad you're here." You hugged her once again.

"Sydnie and I planned it last minute. Y/N you know I'm a firm believe in true love which is what you and Jack have, so I'm not gonna lecture you like Syd." She joked making you laugh.

"And I'm glad you're the one Jack is marrying. But you've probably realised there is a face missing." Her face turned into a frown, and it hit you, your grandmother wasn't there.

"Has something happened to her? Is she okay?" You frantically panicked. Kristin took your hand and say you down on the balcony chair.

"Y/N, we don't know whether she'll be able to come to the wedding." Her eyes began tearing up and you knew it wasn't gonna be good. Your heart was pounding.

"Before we left, I went to go and see her for a coffee. I went through the back way like I usually do and she was in the kitchen with a few other people, who looked like doctors." She lifted her glasses and wiped a tear away.

"The doctors had given her some sort of oxygen tank. When she realised I was there all she did was smile. I saw tablets and when I read the packaging." Her eyes averted from looking at the city to yours.

"Tell me Kristin." You whispered, you didn't even want to cry.

"They were chemotherapy tablets sweetheart." She told you.

"You mean to say she's got..." You couldn't finish your sentence, but she knew what you were trying to say.

"As much as it hurts to say, yes, yes she does. She wanted me to tell you, I suppose that's why you haven't really heard much from her recently."

"I can't cry. She wouldn't want me to cry." You breathed out.

"Edith finds out whether her illness is terminal on the ninth of December." She continued and that date was one you could never forget.

"That's her and Grandad's anniversary." You whispered. She wrapped her arms around you while the sound of the city woke up.

"Does Mitchell know?" You asked and she nodded.

"He found out a day after we left the tour. Believe me, he had the exact same reaction as you. He left with his head held high. Neither of them wanted you to be down, especially now. You're getting married in four days Y/N. So pick up that frown and let's get ready. You're more brave then what you think."