Chapter 26 - Long Drives

Jack had stupidly convinced you to not fly to Pennsylvania, but come on tour with him and the other boys. He had a different way of how you were going to get to Dallas.

"I don't want us to get on the flight with the others." Jack told you as you exited the airport and followed him wherever he was going. 

"So what else could you possibly thinking?" You asked, he grabbed your hands and walked you through the parking lot. You got slightly annoyed when you saw your range rover parked among the other cars, only because you hated when other people drove it. 

"If you think we're driving for over twenty hours, you can think again Avery." You couldn't help the slight grin that was tugging on your lips as he threw you the keys.

"I've told the others, you drive half and I'll drive the other half. We'll get there a few hours before the first show if we leave now. All of my stuff is in the trunk, might as well put yours in there as well." You rolled your eyes and unlocked the car. When you got in the drivers seat, you realized you didn't have your drivers license.

"I got you covered." Jack waved your license in front of your face.

"And, I also brought some snacks for the journey, so we have loads of candy, chips and drinks and I'm sure there will be a town we can stop off in to get like a dinner or something." Jack told you.

"How'd you know I was gonna agree to this?" You asked him and he shrugged his shoulders with a small smile.

"I didn't, I guess I was just hoping you'd change your mind." He admitted, you made it onto the highway within ten minutes of leaving the airport, and Jack put some music on through the aux chord.

"You should be great-full that I know how to get there without google maps helping me." You joked.

"I am, mom, Ava and Isla took a spontaneous trip to San Diego and I told them that we'd pick them up, is that okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's fine, we've still got a couple of hours till we get there though, where are they exactly?" You questioned him.

"In a hotel somewhere, I'll text her when we touchdown." He told you and by the time you had reached San Diego, he was passed out. You had stopped for gas and then decided not to wake Jack and call his mom from your phone.

"Hey Y/N." She spoke tiredly through the phone.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" You asked, putting your phone in your lap and then on loud-speaker. 

"No hon, we were just getting packed up, we're in the hotel that we all stayed in for summer vacation last year." She told yo and you smiled at the memory, San Diego always did have a special part in your heart. 

"Okay, I'm about five minutes away." You told her.

"Alright Y/N, see you in a minute." And she ended the call. You got to the hotel, Jack was still asleep but you were gonna have to wake him, so he could sit in the back. When you got out, Isla, Kristin and Ava were stood in the lobby and you helped them with their luggage.

"I'm sorry about you and Jacky." Isla whispered, clinging onto you for dear life while you headed back to the car. 

"It's okay darling, maybe things will work out." You told her, opening the door and putting her in the middle.

"Isla, try and wake him up so your mom can sit in the front." She began shaking his arm and doing everything she could to make him move, which eventually he did. Ava gave you a hug and so did Kristin and once again you headed back to the highway.

"Thank-you for coming to pick us up Y/N." Kristin smiled.

"You're welcome, just be prepared that we're gonna be driving for at least eighteen hours, so everyone feel free to sleep and let me know when you're hungry or need to use the bathroom." You told them all. Isla was the first to go to sleep, and Ava was fading in and out of sleep. Whereas Jack and Kristin were wide awake. 

"I didn't want to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable, but Daniel called and explained everything and I wanna know what's going on in your little brains." Kristin said, you sighed knowing you were going to have to say something.

"Okay, lets start with, are you two a couple or not?" She asked, you looked through the rear mirror and you and Jack made serious eye contact.

"We're trying to re-kindle what was lost." You admitted, Jack gave you a smile.

"I'm glad, I don't think anyone would've wanted you two to be on bad terms. Now, I'm gonna go to sleep, and hopefully when I wake up we're at least halfway there." She yawned and closed her eyes. You and Jack stayed quiet for at least half an hour to make sure everyone was properly asleep. 

"So, you wanna restart everything that happened?" He asked.

"I've been thinking Jack. All these guys want me, but it's not who they want that matters, it's who I want that matters. And yeah, Shawn is an incredibly talented guy and I know he has enough respect for both me and him and my relationship status. As for the other boys, a crush is a crush. They are not as in love with me as you are, and you've proved it. Despite the argumentative asshole you are, nothing will change the love I have for you."  You breathed out. 

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to hear that Y/N." He waved a hand through his curls. 

"Now, when we get to Dallas and wherever the hotel is and wherever the guys are, we're just gonna be straight up honest. They can have an opinion but they can't chose who I want. At the end of the day,  I chose you." You admitted. He undid his seat-belt and placed a kiss to your cheek.

"That was beautiful." Isla whispered, grabbing her phone and watching one of your recent videos.

"Hey missy, I thought you were asleep." You laughed at her cuteness.

"I was, until you two got all lovey dovey." She poked her tongue out at Jack who then began profusely tickling her, almost waking the others up.

"Calm down, you're gonna wake your mom and sister." You scolded, they quietened down as you continued playing music softly through the car. Jack handed you an energy drink and you mentally high-fived yourself at every state you had driven through. Everyone was asleep and you had been driving for nearly nine hours, so you pulled away from the highway, parked your car in a gas station and decided to get some sleep for yourself.