Chapter 14 - Editing Vlogs

Your annoyance was clear as you chose to ignore everyone and slam the doors every time you entered and exited a room. The backyard was obviously the place you had to be to calm down and the warmth of the dogs head was on your leg.

"What was that about?" Jack shut the door just as hard as you did earlier. When you turned your head you saw him, and Aspen was watching through the window.

"I'm sorry but when I try my hardest to give my all to Isla and Ava I appreciate it not being thrown back in my face. I'm sure Aspen could do so much better at getting gifts, for crying out loud her dad is worth millions." You ran your hand through the puppies fur. Jack came and sat down next to you.

"And do you wanna know what really pissed me off? Is that you had the audacity to stand there and not say a word. You didn't even try to defend me. That girl wants everything I've got and it's getting on my last freaking nerve." You carried on ranting.

"Are you done?" Jack asked.

"Actually no I'm not. As bitchy as it sounds, I make my own money. She goes to her daddy's wallet. I'm not being second best, not again. You're my boyfriend, this is my family, not hers. If she wants to put up a fight, so be it, I'm not standing here and being made a -" Jack cut you off with a kiss to the lips.

"I was not finished." You pouted like a child.

"Well now you are. Calm down babe. Yes I am your boyfriend, and yes this is your family, she can't take that away from you. I didn't say a word because I knew my feisty ass girlfriend knows how to defend herself." Jack smirked, you playfully smacked his arm.

"What were you doing upstairs with her?" You asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She wanted to say hi to Sydnie." He told you. Of course you had full trust in him but you sighed in relief.

"The last thing I want is for an argument to break out on Islas birthday so I'll keep my cool, even if she does lash out." You muttered.

"I'm proud of you for that. Now let's go inside, mom left you and the girls some food." Jack stood up and walked in with his arm around your waist.

"Where's Aspen?" You asked noticing she wasn't there anymore. Kristin came over to you and hugged you.

"I can read you like a book, we ordered her an Uber to the hotel, you both need to cool down, some more then others." She joked.

"Thanks momma." Jack side hugged her.

"There's food in the kitchen if you want it." You weren't feeling that hungry so you politely declined.

"Isla-Rose you need to shower and put your PJ's on." Jack called out to her, she hurried up the stairs.

"I'll go lay her clothes out." You smiled heading up the stairs. You picked out an oversized Why Don't We t-shirt and placed it on the end of her bed as well as some fresh underwear and fluffy socks. After that, you went and put some sweats on and a black tank top. You grabbed your camera.

"So guys, today had been eventful. I kinda spent like over a thousand dollars on the girls but it's gotta be done. Isla turns nine tomorrow and I'm honestly gonna cry. I hope you're all having a good day, wherever in the world you are, I'm getting tired now so I'm gonna end this vlog and see y'all whenever I see y'all. Peace out peaches." You blew a kiss to the camera and turned it off. You took your laptop downstairs and started uploading the footage.

"How on earth does that not confuse you?" Sydnie was amazed at all the different apps you had to use to edit everything.

"Believe me, it used to. I guess I've been doing it for a long time so I understand it." You told her.

"You edit it so well though Y/N, like seriously, I understand why you have over ten million." She laughed.

"It certainly took a lot of hard work to get there." You admitted. Isla then came down the stairs and she looked adorable in her merch.

"Bubby I have a question." She came and sat next to you.

"And what would that be sweetie?"

"Why don't you have two channels? Like a main video one and a vlog one?" She asked.

"Honestly Isla, two channels would be a lot of work and I know with this one, I can upload what I want and when I want when necessary ." You told her.

"That's a good idea. Will you come and read me a bedtime story?" She asked again.

"Of course." You put your laptop down and followed her up the stairs.

"I cannot believe it's my birthday tomorrow." She smiled, picking a book and perching up on her bed.

"I can't believe it either, you're growing up so fast." You sighed. She had chosen sleeping beauty but within two pages, she had fallen asleep.

"Night my angel." You whispered giving her a kiss on the cheek. Kristin came in after you and repeated the same actions. You waited for her outside the bedroom door.

"Thankyou for that Y/N." She told you.

"I've gotta make the most of doing small things like that, I leave in two days." You frowned.

"Don't be upset honey, you're living your dream. I appreciate that you're here right now." She reassured you. Everyone had gone to bed by the time you had edited and uploaded your vlog. It took you nearly four hours and it was nearing midnight.

"Bedtime for me." You whispered, shutting your laptop off. When you reached Jacks bed he was fast asleep, you leaned up and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"Night babe." You yawned.

"Mhm mhm." You got in response before you fell asleep yourself.