Chapter 29 - Reunited

"Yes, of course I will." The crowd screamed as Jack slipped the beautiful ring onto your finger. A sound of clapping and crying was all you could hear. Jack pulled you close and kissed you, the others continued singing Taking You while you rocked back and forth. You quickly grabbed the microphone.

"All I can say is I'm glad that every single person in this room got to witness what just happened, enjoy the show!" You grinned. Jack padded away your tears with his thumb and kissed you again before you walked backstage. 

"My big sister just got engaged." Your not so little brother whispered. You ran over to him and jumped into his arms, he hugged you as tight as he could while you cried into his shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you." He told you, when he put you down, you realized something.

"You're in the military?" Your voice was quiet, now it was your time to be proud. He nodded with a huge smile.

"Yes m'am." You turned your head, and everyone was watching. Christina was literally eating a Ben and Jerry's with tears in her eyes as she watched in awe. 

"Don't call me m'am, it makes you sound too grown up for my liking. I'm shocked, in a good way. God, you make me feel like the best sister." You threw your arms around him again. You turned around and saw your grandmother.

"Hey Mar." You used your nickname, she immediately hugged you, it had felt like forever. 

"My darling, you are growing up so much. I saw you on your brothers phone at that meet and greet, all of them people came for you sweetheart, you are truly an inspiration." She grinned. When she was your age, she had your mom and got married. Then when your mom was your age, she had you. 

"It's all because of you mar." You told her and she rolled her eyes at you.

"You did all of that on your own Y/N, so did Mitchell over there. I wasn't too impressed when he dropped out of school, but what he does is incredible." She continued. You looked at your brother and put your hands on your hips.

"I never thought I'd see the day that you Mr smarty-pants would drop out of school. Your following in my footsteps for that one." You giggled making him laugh.

"And I'm following in grandpas footsteps with this job." He told you, and it made you think back to when you were little. Your grandpa passed away when you were eleven, and life wasn't exactly the same anymore.

"I bet he's over the moon with you both, I know that both him and Brinley are watching over you two, with the biggest smiles on their faces." Kristin stepped into the conversation. Your grandmother hugged her and they ended up on the couch, talking to each-other.

"Well, Mitchell, you already know the sister clan, so I'd like to introduce you to the boys manager David and a good friend of mine, Aspen." He shook their hands.

"So son, how long are you back from the military?" David asked, walking away from you and Aspen. Christina had gone back to front row with Isla, Ava and Sydnie.

"I never knew you had a brother." She said shocked, you nodded, wiping away the mascara that had cascaded down your cheeks.

"That's Mitchell and I have a sister, but of course because of sad circumstances." You didn't have to finish off the sentence for Aspen to know what you were talking about. 

"Your ring is gorgeous." You lifted your hand up for her to get a better look and she admired it. 

"He definitely did a good job. Do you know why a bunch of camera crew were here?" You asked her. She nodded and turned the television on and switched the channel to the news. You choked on air when you saw yourself literally bawling on stage.

"He literally did a global proposal?" You asked yourself, trying not to laugh at how much of a state you looked. 

"Yeah, and everyone knew about it apart from you. He flew your grandma out here to ask for her permission and she told him about your brother and flew him out too." Jack really did blow your mind sometimes. 

"Y/N honey, where did you get them beautiful heels from?" Your grandmother asked.

"Well Mar, these are from the Gucci store." You told her and her eyes creased together in confusion.

"Come again? Why haven't I heard of this Gucci store?" She asked again.

"They cost eight hundred dollars." Her eyes nearly fell out of her head, but you could tell she still really liked the shoes. 

"My paycheck for two months is how much one pair of shoes cost you? Wow Y/N, you're balling." She teased making you laugh. You took the liberty of going on the Gucci website and ordering her the exact same shoes and sending it to her house in Pennsylvania. 

"How long are you with us for?" Kristin asked her.

"I'm here till Tuesday night and Mitchell is coming back with me." She told him. You smirked to yourself when you remembered the boys were playing two shows in Pennsylvania on Wednesday and Thursday. 

"Kristin, why is my awfully strange grand-daughter staring at me like she has won the lottery?" You jokingly scoffed at her remark.

"Well Edith, we're also going back to Pennsylvania on Tuesday night, so you're gonna have to put up with us a little longer." Kristin told her and they high-fived. The boys were nearly finished with the show, and you couldn't wait to see Jack. You exited the room and saw Mitchell and Aspen talking.

"Can I steal my brother from you for a second please?" You asked timidly, and she nodded with a smile, heading back into the room. You shut the door behind her.

"You and Aspen huh?" You teased, but he took your short height as an advantage and screwed up your hair with his hand.

"Okay, on a serious note. I get to see you every day till Thursday night, that's only a few days. But listen to me, when you go back to wherever the military sign you, promise me one thing?" You found yourself growing emotional and Mitchell could see that so he hugged you.

"Promise me you'll be safe, god forbid anything happening to you." You whispered and he wrapped his finger around yours and tightened it. 

"I pinky promise big sis, now hurry up, your fiancee is probably waiting for you." He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you went back into the room.

"Y/N you look like you've been dragged through a bush." Your nan spoke words of truth, nothing more and nothing less.

"Gee Mar, thanks for that." You went to the mirror and sorted your hair back. Suddenly the door burst open and in came Tyler and the Why Don't We boys. Jack was the last one to walk through so everyone ended up walking out of the room to give you some peace.

"Watch it Avery, that's my sister!" Mitchell shouted, shutting the door. 

"I've missed your brother." Jack laughed.

"Are you sure you wanna marry this?" You burst out, ushering up and down your body with your hand. 

"I wouldn't of proposed if I didn't want to marry you dumb dumb." He laughed, walking over to you and kissing you.

"We've gotta go back to the bus, we're heading to Houston." Jack told you.

"Okay babe, give me a minute." He nodded and walked out of the door. You gathered everyone's phones that had been left on charge in the room and you almost wanted to throw yours against the wall when you saw the messages.

unrecognized number - its me shawn, i was gonna ask if we could hang out

unrecognized number - but i guess now you're engaged your fiancee wouldn't approve 

unrecognized number - after all the hurt he put you through and you're still gonna be his wife

unrecognized number - y/n you're eighteen, you'll regret it when you're walking out of the chapel

unrecognized number - you and i both know its not a good idea

unrecognized number - i cant believe i thought i even had a chance with you

What the hell was he talking about? You guys had only met once.