28 | meeting the parents

Hoseok was up early talking on his phone while Yoongi was still peacefully sleeping. Not wanting to wake him up, he went to the kitchen to prepare something for breakfast.

'Hoseok! Why didn't you tell me?'

His mom loudly chattered on the phone. Hoseok was woken up by his mom calling him early in the morning to scold him for never telling her he has a boyfriend now. Taehyung apparently explained to her why Jimin had committed suicide, and he told her that it's because Hoseok was dating Jimin's crush.

'I-I don't know.. I guess I kinda forgot about that.' Hoseok faked a laugh.

'And he's with you right now?'

'Yes, mom.'
Hoseok sighed deeply. He already knew what she was gonna say next.

'You definitely have to come over for dinner today! It'll be a nice way to introduce us to him.'

'.. Sure.'
He knew Yoongi wouldn't like this, but he really didn't have a choice now.

'Fantastic! I'll be expecting you at 5 p.m.'

Hoseok's mom excitedly said and afterwards abruptly hung up.

Hoseok put his phone away and took a deep breath. He just wanted to have a relaxed day with Yoongi at home, but now he has to go back to his old house and sit through an incredibly awkward dinner. Just fucking great!

He cracked open some eggs in a bowl and whisked them aggressively, spilling some on the counter.
'Ugh!' He exclaimed loudly as he cleaned up the mess. He can't cook for shit, but he wants to impress Yoongi.

His heart nearly stopped when he suddenly heard a small giggle in the corner of the room. He quickly looked back, where he saw a sleepy Yoongi standing in his pyjamas, rubbing his eyes.
'Geez, you get startled easily.' Yoongi laughed.
'You need to stop doing that! I thought you were asleep.' Hoseok shook his head.
'I was, till I heard you making a mess in the kitchen.' Yoongi walked over to him and took over the bowl. 'How can you not even make just an omelette?'
'I.. Let's just say I really can't cook.' Hoseok chuckled as he watched Yoongi prepare the omelette.

'Finished!' Yoongi slid the omelette on a plate and handed it to him.
'This was actually for you.. I'll just eat my usual cornflakes.' He handed the plate back.
'Don't be stupid, just eat it.' Yoongi pushed it back in his hands and forced him to sit down.
'I'll just make a second one.' Yoongi went back to the stove, leaving Hoseok alone.

Hoseok played with his food till Yoongi came back with his own omelette.
'Just eat the damned eggs Hobi.'
'We're visiting my parents today.' Hoseok announced out of the blue.
'What?' Yoongi dropped his fork. 'Since when?'
'Since this morning. We have to go today otherwise my mom will kill me.'

Hoseok stabbed his omelette and took a massive bite. He glanced at Yoongi, who's eyes were covered by his black locks. He wasn't sure in what direction Yoongi was looking, so he just looked back down.

'Why are you so quiet all of the sudden?' Hoseok awkwardly laughed. 'My parents aren't that bad, I swear.'
'I know! It's just.. I don't know. I guess I wasn't expecting this.' Yoongi swept his bangs to the side, making his eyes visible.

'It's going to be fine! But my mom can be very.. Strange.' Hoseok chuckled at the thought of his mom. He loved his mom to death, since she has always supported him through thick and thin. She was always so vibrant and positive, it made a huge impact on Hoseok.

'Strange?' Yoongi raised his eyebrow. 'What do you mean by that?'
'She's not what you'd expect from a mom.'
'Oh.' Yoongi smiled. 'My mom is exactly what you'd expect from a mother.'