41 | barista

Yoongi blankly watched the train, Hoseok frowning from behind his window when he noticed how upset the smaller boy looked. He had to leave because apparently Taehyung's parents were divorcing and he wasn't taking that well, according to Jungkook.
Hoseok flashed one quick smile at Yoongi before the train started moving. Yoongi just kept staring, not returning his smile.

He slumped back to his own house, occasionally yawning since it was only nine am. He considered going to his parents' house to pick up Holly, but decided against it. He couldn't face his parents again, especially not after his dad acted so weird at the hospital.

So, it all was like old times again. Back when he sat alone all day, the time ticking by gruesomely slow. He tried to play some video games but got tired of them soon enough.
Because he got so bored, he took a long bath to waste his time.

He dropped a bath bomb Hoseok and Seokjin got him from the mall in his bath and couldn't help but smile at all the bright pastel colors that erupted in the water. The smell of lavender took over the whole bathroom as he closed his eyes and relaxed.

Namjoon jokily had brought up his age - 25 now - since his birthday, but Yoongi couldn't stop thinking about it since then. Is he getting old? How long is he going to stay unemployed?

Till now, Yoongi's parents have been able to financially support him just fine, but that won't last forever. Yoongi knew that one day he had to find a job, but he never got the motivation for it. After he graduated high school, he was extremely exhausted and refused to go to college. That's why he is jobless right now.

He didn't really care at first, but now he's starting to worry that Hoseok might be disappointed in him. Hoseok doesn't have a job at the moment, but he was a dance teacher before he and Yoongi started dating. Hoseok said that he's just retired, and he'd return to teaching dance lessons as soon as they moved in with each other.

Yoongi slowly got up from the bath, the cold air leaving goosebumps all over his arms and chest. He wanted to at least try to find a job, just so he could make Hoseok proud.

He couldn't just sit at home all day and do nothing, so he quickly blow dried his hair and put on his trusty black ripped bottoms paired with an oversized mustard yellow sweater that belonged to Hoseok. He was going to the mall nearby to look for some stores that need employees.

It has been ages since he went to the mall, the last time was probably all the the way back in high school. He felt strangely nostalgic just from seeing the area again, some well-known faces greeted him happily. None of them knew where he went, they must have just thought he locked himself up all that those weeks he was with Hoseok. Luckily, no one asked. The last thing he felt like doing was telling them he was dating again.

As he entered the mall, his mind was set on the coffee shop he enjoyed going to as a teenager. He'd love to become a barista. Lots of the old stores that used to be here got replaced, but the coffee shop was still there to Yoongi's surprise. When he got inside the small shop, a few customers looked up, making Yoongi a little more nervous. Who should he talk to? And what is he going to tell them?

The barista softly said 'Welcome,' his voice was sweet and soothing. 'What can I get you?'
'I, um, I'm looking for a job.' Yoongi stared at his fiddling fingers. The barista was staring straight into his soul.
'Oh! That comes in handy. One of our employees left yesterday.'
'So.. Who do I need to talk to?'
'Me, actually. I own the place.'
Yoongi looked up in surprise, the barista looked way too young.
'My name's Jaehyun.' The quite tall boy flashed his dimples.
'..Yoongi.' He sheepishly smiled back.

[A/N: yes.. another nct member!! i'm sorry, i kind of ran out of bts members.. but jaehyun makes one hell of a hot barista. just saying.]

'So, this is your first time applying for a job?'
Yoongi nodded reluctantly. He hoped that wouldn't affect his decision.
'That's okay, you don't really need experience for this anyway. As long as you know how to brew a good coffee.' Jaehyun winked.
'Oh, good.' Yoongi sighed relievedly.

'Your first shift is tomorrow morning, okay?'
'T-Tomorrow already?'
Jaehyun nodded. 'Is there a problem?'
'No, not at all. I'm just shocked I got employed that easily.'
'We're not some professional business anyway so I don't care much about your skill. My friends who work here can help you improve your brewing, so that won't be a problem.'
'Wow, thank you so much!' Yoongi beamed.
'Tommorow seven am. I'll teach you the basics.'
'I'll be here.' Yoongi took a deep breath. Seven am is way too early.

On his way home, he came across Jimin's mom and Kihyun. He tried to quickly turn around and walk away but stopped when he heard the woman call his name.
'Oh, hello miss Park.' He tried his best to smile and avoid eye contact with Kihyun.
'Jimin's funeral is in a week.' She said. 'If you want, we'd love you to come.'
'..Me?' Yoongi now looked at Kihyun, who nodded.
'We want all of those who held him dear to feel welcome to join us.' The frail woman faintly smiled.

Yoongi bit his lip. They didn't knew that their son committed suicide because of him, except for Kihyun. How come he hasn't told his mom? How can he act so nice while he beat Yoongi up not too long ago?
Lost in thoughts, he didn't realize she hadn't stopped talking.

'Again, don't feel obligated to come. This is all your choice, honey.' She sighed once more.
'Y-Yeah.. I will think about it.' Yoongi rambled, rolling his eyes when they finally walked away.
He can't go.. Hoseok wouldn't allow him to. Like Hoseok said, he needs to move on.

[A/N: wow! an update?!
i am so so sorry for my inconsistent updates on my books, i truly am. i really do think of updating this book a lot, but i kind of got stuck with my last chapter. i wasn't sure how to continue, but i soon enough came up with this chapter.. it's not the best, but i think it ties up a lot of weird things in this book together and it helped me think of my next chapters. things like jimin not having a funeral or yoongi and hoseok both not having a job were really bothering me, so i'm glad i got to clear that up.
thank you for reading my book and have a nice day!!]