Chapter 6

"The bigger news? McKenzie what the hell are you talking about? Who's the dad?"

"Well uh it's Dylan."

"My brother, Dylan? That Dylan?!" Matt yelled.

"Wait are you guys back together?" McKenzie and Dylan had dated a while before her latest relapse. After she had her last overdose Dylan broke things off because he was sick of her putting drugs before everyone else, we all were sick of it.

"I mean sort of. He came over a few months ago to see how I've been doing and-"

"I think we get it." Matt stopped her.

"Does Dylan know?" I asked.

"Yeah, I found out it I was for sure a couple months ago and he found out with me."

"And he didn't tell me?" Matt was really angry now.

"Matt don't get mad at him I asked him not to because I know you'd tell Mick and I didn't know when to tell my family. Micky mom and dad still don't know."

"Are you even going to tell them?" 

"I mean at some point yes. Just not now. Please let me tell them myself."

"Trust me I have no intentions on breaking the news for you." I said giving her a dirty look.

"Listen I really want to talk to you guys more about this but I have a mandatory meeting I have to get to for rehab in a little bit. Can you drop me back off and maybe come back to my place around 4 so we can discuss it more? Matt I can invite Dylan if you want."

"I guess we can come over later." I said looking at Matt for an ok.

"Yeah, but pass on inviting Dylan." Matt replied.

We got into the car and dropped McKenzie off back at her place. The whole car ride back with her was silent but once she left Matt and I immediately broke out in conversation.

"Dylan?! Like seriously?!" Matt shout.

"At least it's Dylan and not some random hookup."

"That's true. I mean I know Dylan will try to help out and be there for his kid."

"You're gonna be an uncle." I giggled. 

"Yeah and you're gonna be and aunt."

"If she keeps it."

"You think she won't?"

"I have no idea, I mean do you?"

"I don't know. I didn't even think of that."

"Neither did I until a second ago. We can ask her tonight I guess."

*Later that night*

We arrived at McKenzie's a little after 4 like she told us. We walked into her apartment building and to our surprised it was fairly nice. My parents probably paid for it since they help her out with everything. 

We walked up to the second floor and found apartment 208. We knocked once and there was no answer. We knocked a second time and still no answer.

"Are you sure this is the right apartment?" Matt asked me.

"Yeah she texted me 208, look." I responded showing him the text. 

"McKenzie?" I yelled through the door.

"It's unlocked just walk in, maybe she can't hear us or something."

We walked in and looked around a little. In the front hall there were pictures of her and friends and my family. Even one of Matt and me from a while ago. We looked in the kitchen and living room and she wasn't there. I then heard music coming from a room in the back. I walked down the hall leading to the back rooms and the music was getting louder the closer I got. I peeked into what looked to be her bedroom and saw her on the floor.

"McKenzie!" I yelled rushing over to help her, and what I saw was unbelievable.