Chapter 31

*Mick's POV*

"Do you know what family friend it could be?" Nash asked.

"Excuse me, is there a place we can wait until Matt gets out of surgery?" I asked the nurse, ignoring Nash's question.

"Yes of course. Follow me." She said leading us to a waiting room. "Matt's in surgery down the hall, I'll have the doctor come out afterwards to inform you on how everything went. It shouldn't be much longer."

"Who do you think it is?" Nash asked again.

"I'm going to go get some water I'll be right back." Madi said getting up.

"Mick!"

"Omigod Nash, I don't know."

Nash and I entered the room and took a seat in the corner. My head kept spinning with who the donor could be...not that it mattered, I'm just naturally a very curious person. But as Matt would say "Curiosity killed the cat." He would always tell me that when I was curious about something that may not entirely be my business.

"Mick!" Madi yelled hurrying into the room, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Did you know that Bethany's here?" She said a bit out of breath.

"What? Bethany's here?"

"Ok, I'm taking that as a no, but yeah I saw her down the hall." She replied taking the seat in between Nash and me.

"Why would she be here?"

"I don't know she's your mom." Just as Madi said that I saw Bethany walk into the waiting room. What was going on?

"Mick, hey." She exclaimed walking over to me. "I was just about to call you." She said giving me a hug.

"What are you doing here? Is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine" She said with a smile as she took the seat next to me.

"Ok then what's going on?"

"Well it's kind of a long story but I set Matt up with a donor, he's a friend of mine and I remembered he's donated bone marrow before to his niece who has type O blood so I didn't think he'd mind doing it again."

"Are you serious? Bethany omigod thank you! Who's your friend, what's his name?!"

"He's an old friend from high school." She replied. "We used to be really close and after you had told me about Matt's issue I remembered the same thing happened to his niece when she was an infant and he donated to her. If it's alright with you though I think he wants to remain anonymous."

"That's fine, just please tell him I said thank you so much. And thanks to you to for setting this up."

"Of course." She smiled. "Anything for you and Matt."

*

"How do you feel?" I asked running my fingers through Matt's hair.

"Good." He said with a cute smile, sitting up.

The procedure had gone well and Matt had woken up from the anesthesia only a few moments ago.

"Do you need anything?"

"Do you mind getting me some water?" He asked groggily.

"No of course not, I'll be right back."

I walked out the door and made my way down the hall to the ice room to get some water. When I walked in I was facing a man who looked to be in his early 30s, he was wearing basketball shorts and an old tshirt. He just stood there staring at me, making me kind of uncomfortable.