Chapter 7

"McKenzie!" I yelled rushing over to help her, and what I saw was unbelievable.

"MATT CALL 911!" 

When I ran over to her I saw she had a syringe sticking out of her arm and a tourniquet above it. Next to her was a bent spoon and a little baggy both with what seemed to have heroin residue on them.

Matt coming rushing in wondering what was wrong, he had 911 on the phone already and said that they were on their way. By now I had tears streaming down my face and was just hoping she would make it. The hospital is only a few blocks down from her building so the ambulance was here in only a couple of minutes. 

They rushed in and told Matt and me to step aside. We watched as the put her on a gurney and assessed her. Everyone was barking orders at eachother and there was so much commotion. It didn't feel real. I've seen my sister high before and in rehab but I've never witnessed her overdose. The ambulance driver told us what hospital they were bringing her to and to call any loved ones to tell them what happened.

I have to call my parents and Matt has to call Dylan. I was hysterically crying afraid for her and my niece or nephews life. What should I tell my parents? Will they even care this time? I never had to break the news to them before they were always the ones telling me. Before I could think anymore Matt and I were rushing down to his car to follow the ambulance to the hospital.

Matt squeezed my hand and told me everything was going to be alright but I wasn't sure it was this time. He calmed me down a little bit though and when we got to the hospital I called my mom and dad telling them what happened. I told them we decided to visit McKenzie since we were close by and when we got to her apartment we found she had OD'd. I left out the part about the baby and figured they would find out at the hospital especially after talking to Dylan if he comes. They said they're driving up right now and just to wait at the hospital for them.

I was still such a mess. What if she doesn't make it? She may not be my favorite person but she was my sister. I can't believe this is happening yet again

*Matt's POV*

Once I realized what had happened to McKenzie I felt so guilty. I shouldn't have taken Mick to see her. She had told me just the other day she was scared of getting hurt again and her fears came true. I let her down, we shoud've just gone to the aquarium and gone home. I hated seeing her so upset, it's terrible. 

Once I calmed her down a little and she called her parents I went off to call Dylan. It was the last thing I wanted to do at the moment, but I knew I had to so I picked up the phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Dylan, hey it's Matt. Listen I got some bad news."

"Are mom and dad ok?"

"Yeah they're fine but uh listen McKenzie overdosed again tonight. I know about the whole baby thing too. Congratulations I guess but you might want to come down here, I don't know what going to happen with her."

"I'll be down there as soon as possible. What hospital?!" He was panicking.

I gave him the hospital and then hung up so I could comfort Mick and see how McKenzie was doing. We waited about 15 minutes until a doctor came out asking for family of McKenzie.

*Mick's POV*

We had been waiting at the hospital for several minutes before a doctor came out asking for family of McKenzie. Matt immediately stood up.

"Are you family of McKenzie Clark?" 

"Yes." Matt and I said in unison.

"Well she's stable and currently having her stomach pumped, it was the only way to save her."

"Will that hurt the baby?" Matt inquired.

"Well if anything hurt the baby it would have been the drugs. She's going to have an ultrasound within the  next two hours to tell if the baby is still living. We'll keep you informed as we go. Any questions?"

"We're alright, thank you." I said sitting back down.

"I'll be back to update you after the ultrasound." He said as he walked off.

"Mick she's ok, it's going to be ok." Matt reassured me. 

"How could she be so careless Matt? It wasn't just her life this time she's pregnant."

"I know Micky, I know." He said wrapping his arm around me.

*45 minutes later*

*Mick's POV*

"Excuse me?" The doctor had come back out to talk to us.

"Have you done the ultrasound?" I asked anxiously.

"No, not yet. It's scheduled to take place in a half an hour but McKenzie's stable and up for visitors if you want to see her."

"Please. What's her room number?"

"225, right down the hall."

"Thank you." I said as I dragged Matt down to her room. 

I flew the door open and saw her laying on the hospital bed.

"How COULD you?!" I screamed at her. "Why would you do this McKenzie?! Were the 3 other overdoses you've had not enough to warn you? Are you seriously this dumb?!"

"Mick I can explain."

"THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS. YOU'RE CARRYING A CHILD THIS TIME IT'S NOT JUST YOU NOW!"

"Why'd you do it? Why again?" Matt piped up.

"Well when you dropped me back off, I got a text from my old dealer. He was at a coffee shop a couple blocks down and wanted to see me. I went to go talk to him and one thing led to another and I ended up buying from him again. I went back to my place and the last thing I remember is that. I didn't mean to overdose."

"You are such a bitch McKenzie. You could've killed yourself and your child. Mom and dad finally get you back on track and then you fuck it up again. I tried giving you another chance but I'm done. Don't call me, don't text me, don't even call mom and dad to talk to me."

I walked out of the room and heard McKenzie start to cry but I didn't care. I honestly hated her, I mean she's not my real sister anyway, she doesn't have to be in my life. All she's ever done the past 5 years is mess everything up. I'll be much better without her.

Matt and I went back to the waiting room and were there for about an hour when the doctor came back.

"Clark family? The ultrasound results are back."

I'll try and update again tomorrow sorry this chapter kind of sucks. I have an idea for the next one though so hopefully y'all will like it.

I'm almost at 30 reads which is awesome! So thank you! My goal for next Thursday (a week since I first posted) is to have 40-50 reads and 2 comments so we'll see if I get there. :P

Twitter: mattspotatos