Chapter 2

*6 the next morning*

*Matt's POV*

I heard my phone start to buzz and I turned it off immediately so it wouldn't wake up Mick. I got out of bed and snuck downstairs. My parents were already gone, they had left a card and flowers on the counter for Mick. I smiled at how much they loved her and went to the closet in the hall and pulled out some packs of balloons and streamers. I started blowing up the purple balloons (her favorite color) and hanging up the streamers all over the house. I also put up a huge sign saying "Happy 16th". After I was done decorating it was already 8 so I started getting out things to make for breakfast. I cut up some strawberries and made some pancake batter. I made half the pancakes plain and then the other half with chocolate chips. I topped them off with powdered sugar on top and got out the whipped cream and syrup for when Mick came down. By now it was 9:30 and Mick's usually up in a half hour or so, so i went upstairs to check on her.

She had just finished straightening her hair. She was wearing a high waisted black skater skirt and her sunflower crop top. You could see her belly button ring and she looked reaaally good.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I screamed running and hugging her.

"THANK YOU!" She said laughing.

"Come downstairs!" I said taking her hand.

"Matt! Omigosh thank you so much!" She said taking in all the decorations. She hugged me and it gave me butterflies. I've known Mick my whole life pretty much and I always knew I'd end up falling in love with her. And I guess it's happening now. I remember sitting with her on the bus in third grade thinking that if I ever got married it'd probably be to Mick. Even when I was 9 I knew she was the one for me I just knew.

"There's more!" I exclaimed showing her the stuff from my parents and breakfast.

"This is the best present ever Matt, thank you so so so much."

We ate and then I told her my real present for her.

Super short chapter but the last one was long and I'm updating 4 at once so yeah. What do you guys think of Mick and Matt so far? I think they're adorable. Like forever wishing I were her.

Twitter: mattspotatos