Romantic ducks

I have been at Verlac high for a week now and I have gotten rid of most of the demons, tonight jace and I are going to go back to the school and get rid of the last few . Jace and I have grown really close over this last week ever since he found out about me .

I notice now when I see him my heart flutters and I think about him when he's not around . I have never felt like this about a boy but Jace is just like me . Well minus the angel stuff and all .

Jace and I meet by the institutes door, dressed in our gear. It's December in New York so it's a little cold and I didn't think of grabbing my jacket . Oh well , as we walk to the school jace speaks up "clary we should probably wait untill midnight that's when the demons are more likely to out and about " "ok but what do we do until then " I ask "I have a plan for that follow me fray " he jokes

I follow jace and we arrive at a park with a pond . Inside of the pond are a family of ducks . I run and sit by the edge of the water the baby ducklings come crowd around me I pick them up and pet there heads . Another upside to the extra angel blood and nature stuff animals love me . I turn and motion for jace to come over but he stay where he is .

"What's the matter afraid of ducks ?" I mock . He slowly walks over staying away from the ducks then a big mama duck comes up behind him and honks . Jace screams like a little girl and runs around .the mama duck follows thinking they are playing . I finally get up and pick up the mama duck "clary put the little monster down " jace yells "oh cam down jace quit acting like a herondale " I laugh.

" a herondale how am I acting like that ?" Jace asks "well all herondales hated duck and had no explanation it's quite funny they were basically born and hated them it was a funny thing." " well I have no reason for my duck hating but oh well ."

We sit on a bench until 11 , I tell jace we should get going . He agrees we walk out of the park but he stops suddenly " what is it " I ask . He says nothing and pulls me to him and kisses me . I am shocked at first but slowly begin to kiss back . I realize what I wanted to do since I meet him . I run my hands up into his silky golden locks of hair and earn a little growl of approval when I lightly tug it. We pull away out of breath.

I suddenly think of something really funny . I start laughing "ok what is it now " asks a confused jace , "oh nothing I just thought if ducks always make you be romantic or was it just those ducks " I laugh again.

"Well this had more to do with me liking this really sweet , funny , smart , beautiful , badass girl ." He smirks as I blush at his comment. And we continue on to the school like nothing happened