Toward a light

JACE POV

I am experiencing a calm peaceful feeling.

Then I am suddenly surrounded in fire, flames eat at my body but I feel no pain only the heat.
My body does not redact to the flames it's like my body is dead but my mind still is active.

My mind is fascinated by the heat and flames I barley register the voice that begins to speak.
"Jace Herondale, do you wish to live?"

The voice is deep and sounds almost god like. Do I want to live, what do I have to live for?

What am I saying I have Alec, Isabelle, Max. Why would I want to leave them, they are my family, I can't imagine what they would do with out me.

But most of all I have Clary, I know she needs me to get through this. With out me she will break down through her process of being an angel, and she might leave Earth forever.

I can't let her lose her self like that.

"I wish to live"

"On what grounds do you wish to live?"

"On the grounds of the lives that I have affected over the years, on the grounds that someone needs me. Who is better than myself , but who needs me"

The voice stays quiet as almost it is thinking, when I hear a female voice.

"Pass the test Jace, come home"

It's the faintest of a whisper but I hear it loud and clear. Clary. I need to go back now, I fight against the flames but it feels as if they are holding me back.

Finally they loosen and I walk toward a light.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey guys I know this is short but I really wanted to post something for you guys don't worry I will have another long one up with the week.

I hope you all enjoy reading my stories and that you love what is about to come.

~ noelle😘