Pure white wings

JACE POV

I hear Clary and Magnus talking but I can't make out what is happening. I try to stir from my sleep but my body won't respond. I feel as though something dangerous is happening, my mind begins to wander when a sound awakes my mind. A scream. And not just any scream, Clary.

My mind begins to struggle from the hold keeping me asleep. I need to wake up, to help clary. I feel my body begin to move but I am not controlling it something other than my legs move me toward the scream. Towards clary. I hear the soft whimper of clary and my eyes are forced open. An unluring scene appears before me, demons and a lot of them. Alec, Izzy, Reed and now Some people I don't know are fighting against the demons.

How did they get into the institute, they must be more powerful demons than the ones we normally deal with. Then another whimper breaks me from my trance. My feet hit the ground and I look around, Clary lays on the floor demons surrounding her they get closer and closer. Soon they have Clary trapped in a circle even one on top blocking any chance of escape. Slowly she pull her wings toward her body to protect from any attacks to organs.

Her sword lays on the floor a demon standing over it, any dagger she has in her boots won't help and her angel blades the demons moved away. They get closer and closer to her, something brushes my shoulder but I ignore it and run toward Clary. I pick up one of the swords near them and attack. It doesn't take long for the demons to be on me but 5 stay around Clary not giving her a chance to escape. Finally when the demons around me disperse I near Clary, but just as that happens a flying demons swoops down and grabs Clary's wings.

It pulls her into the air, I hear Clary whimpering in the air when she shouts "Kill it, Kill it now. ......Ugh someone throw me a weapon." I search for something to throw at Clary or at the demon to kill it. I find nothing that would be able to piece the armor on the demon. I can tell clary is struggling trying to control the demon with her powers. All she can manage to do is keep the demon from flying off with her in its grasps. I look for a way to reach her but find none, I find my body floating up toward them. I don't question it and move closer to them, I stab a sword in the demons un armored side.

Clary begins to fall but catches herself, flying back up toward me she staring in shock. "Jace" she whispers, I see tears starting to cloud her eyes, tears of sorrow. I try to pull her into a hug but she backs away, "jace look behind you" slowly I turn my head and see a flash of white then another. The light sound of beating fills the air and it's not just Clary's wings.

"You had to touch my sword, Jace. I am sorry this was the only way." Clary whispers again. This time I can barley make out her words, I look behind me once again and I realize I am flying. I have wings, but not just any wings, pure white angel wings.