24

————taehyungs shaking hands gently pull the now soaking sleeve of jimins school shirt up his arm to reveal his blooded wrist, his face contorted into one of sadness and pain as he presses light kisses against jimins palm

————
taehyungs shaking hands gently pull the
now soaking sleeve of jimins school shirt up his arm to reveal his blooded wrist, his face contorted into one of sadness and pain as he presses light kisses against jimins palm.

"w-why?" taehyung whispers, eyes tracing over each cut painting jimins skin adorned with dried blood. he snivels, hands fumbling to grab tissues and pressing them lightly to jimins still bleeding scars.

jimin gasps out softly in pain once feeling the tissue against his wrist, tears stinging his lower lash line and collecting in his eyelashes until they cascade down his cheeks, soft sobs leaving his trembling lips.

taehyungs eyes widen at jimins shameful cries, his hands dropping the tissue to gently cradle jimins face between his palms as he kisses the tears against his rosy cheeks.

the bathroom the two boys were sat in was cold, white walls seemingly closing in on them as flicks of red blood kiss each boy's hands. taehyung slowly unbuttons jimins shirt, ignoring jimins weak protests. he carefully removes the stained material, throwing it carelessly to the side before letting out a shaky breath at the sight of jimins ruined arm.

pain and sadness courses through his veins – grabbing a wet towel, taehyung presses it against jimins wrist in an attempt to stop the bleeding, his jaw clenched as he imagines how alone jimin must have felt.

jimin hiccups, his body flinching as he continues to softly cry. his wrist burns, the damp towel now beginning to shake against his arm as he watches taehyung fall apart beneath him, body tense yet trembling and eyes shining with unshed tears.

"i'm s-so sorry," taehyung whispered, "i-i don't know what i-i would do if i lost y-you." he admits, shaking his head and glancing to the floor – sweat slicked hair sprawled across his forehead.

taehyung removes the towel from jimins wrist, the bleeding now ceased. wetting the towel underneath the bathroom tap taehyung gently wipes away the caked blood on jimins skin.

jimins heavy eyes watch as taehyungs knees flame red against the cold bathroom floor, trying his hardest to not hurt jimins cuts even more.

"b-baby, wait here, okay?" taehyung stands, pressing his lips to jimins forehead before quickly running out of the bathroom, only to return seconds later with bandages in his hands.

shaky hands fumble with bandages, wrapping the material around jimins wrist before securing it carefully. taehyungs jaw runs slack, sighing against the soft bandage as he brings jimins wrist towards his lips, lightly kissing the fabric whilst whispering soothing words to calm jimin down.

jimin feels his eyes flutter shut, sleep attempting to overpower his senses. jimin attempts to keep his eyes open, watching taehyung who was surrounded by his own blood become such a mess at the thought of losing the person who he loved most.

lifting his heavy head taehyungs blood shot eyes met jimins own. he hates this – jimin hates seeing taehyung cry, at this moment he had never seen a human look so sad.

"c'mere." taehyung whispers, his deep voice sending shivers down jimins spine as taehyungs strong hands grip the underneaths of jimins thighs, lifting him up from where he was sitting and gently placing him on top of his bed.

"let's get you some comfortable clothes baby." taehyung sniffs, pressing his fists against the sockets of his tired eyes. jimin just nods his head, sinking further against taehyungs soft bedsheets as the cold air makes him shiver.

picking out one of his jumpers taehyung places it over jimins head, careful to not hurt his newly bandaged arm.

taehyung cuddles up to jimin on top of the bed, grabbing one of his blankets before pulling jimin to lay in between his legs. jimins waist feels hot against his thighs, skin touching skin which brings comfort to jimin and calms his tensed nerves.

jimin laces his hand shyly with taehyungs own, pressing a kiss to taehyungs hands before looking up from where he was sitting on taehyungs lap.

without doing anything, taehyung can tell jimin was biting his tongue and supressing his cries by the way his fingers tightened around his own.

taehyung knows jimin is thankful, he can see jimins gratefulness swimming in the depths of his dark eyes misted over with a layer of sadness. opening his mouth to speak, jimins words are cut off by a violent cough ripping through his chest, shaking his whole body as he gasps for air.

"sshh baby, it's okay, i'm here," taehyung whispers, rocking jimin gently back and forth. taehyung soothingly runs his fingers through jimins hair, one hand reaching over to grab the blanket to cover both of them up.

taehyung lay flat against the mattress, grabbing onto jimins hips and gently pulling the smaller to lay ontop of him, jimins legs resting carefully either side of taehyungs hips.

nuzzling into taehyungs warm chest jimins cheek softens against his shirt fabric, eyes fluttering open and closed as he calms down from coughing.

the atmosphere is light, taehyungs bedroom holding warmth and comfort throughout the silence. jimin gulps thickly, shuffling against taehyungs body to which taehyungs hands lightly gripped his waist out of concern.

jimin feels his heart beat fasten.

"m-my dad," jimin stutters, his throat hoarse and painful from crying. "m-my dad did this." jimin whispered, feeling taehyungs grip on his waist tighten.

taehyung doesn't say anything, but waits for jimin to get his words out in his own time – wanting nothing more than to kiss him until everything gets better, until jimins reminds are silenced and his scars are healed.

"h-he thinks i-i'm pathetic," jimin says quietly, the familiar feeling of tears blurring his vision.

"a-a burden."

"you're not a burden." taehyung says deeply, his heart aching accompanied by the anger surging through his veins. taehyung would like to have a little talk with jimins dad.

"i-i felt s-so bad, i-i'm s-s-sorry." jimin gasped, tears finally falling down his cheeks once again.

at the sound of jimins cries taehyung cradles his lovers head in his hands, wiping away his tears before pressing a soft kiss to jimins lips.

"you are so strong, baby. thank you for telling me." taehyung presses his lips against jimins for a little longer this time, hands caressing up and down his waist.

"i won't let anyone hurt you."

————

another day of unhappiness

so

be gentle to everyone you meet,
because every single
morning you wake up, there is
someone wishing that they did not.