Part 18

"It's Jungkook, he's been suspended."

It took Jimin a minute to process the words.

"W-why?" He stammered.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard rumours that it's because he beat up another student."

Jimin's mouth was agape,
"But he didn't! He saved me!" Jimin cried, causing all heads in the room to turn to him.

Ignoring all the attention, Jimin spun around and dashed out of the classroom.

He ran to the office,
"I need to speak to the principal." He told the secretary.

"Okay. Just go knock on his door, he'll let you in."

Jimin did as the lady said.

*knock knock*

"Come in."

Jimin entered.

"Hello Jimin." The principal said, "I'm glad to see your injuries aren't bad."

Jimin ignored his condolences and cut straight to the point,
"I understand why Seojin was suspended but why Jungkook too?! He saved me!"

"I understand that you're upset Jimin, but the rules of this school state that any student that uses violence has to take responsibility for their actions."

"But that's...
That's just unfair."

"Seojin will be suspended for three weeks, whereas Jungkook will only be gone for one week."

Jimin knew it was wrong, but couldn't do anything.
"I see, thank you." Jimin left.

Jimin sat down on a bench in their school's garden. He called Jungkook.

Jimin listened to the first few rings... and then Jungkook picked up.

"Chimmy?"
"I'm sorry."

Jimin listened to Jungkook's breathing on the other side.

"Don't worry about it Chimmy, what matters is you're safe."
"I feel guilty. How can I make it up to you?"

Jungkook just grinned and spoke in a high and mighty tone,
"To atone for your sin of house arresting the great Jeon Jungkook, I sentence thee to call me everyday. Listening to your voice pleases the almighty that is me."

Jimin chuckled, "idiot."