Part 39

"When I was suspended, Chimmy came over to my house and we had a sleepover. There he told me he liked you." Jungkook explained.

Taehyung was dumbfounded.
"No no no, Chim told me that he liked you."

Jungkook furrowed his eye brows,
"But you just confessed to him! Didn't Chimmy tell you that he liked you too?!"
"No! I left the room before he could say anything!"

The two panted. Their debate was getting nowhere.
"We have to go ask him."

—-

They briskly walked to Jimin's room but were interrupted by a nurse, "Visiting hours are over." She announced.

"Please, we just need to ask him one question!" Taehyung begged.

"I don't make the rules, sorry." She shook her head.

The two looked at each other, unsure of what to do.

"I guess we'll have to wait."

—-

It was the next day.

Jimin's surgery was today.

The odds were 50-50.

Jungkook sat on his bed and gazed out the window.

"Chimmy," he thought, "you were someone who wanted to see the real me. You made realize that I wasn't as strong as I thought I was, but you were there to make me stronger. Thanks to you I changed, I saw the value in friendship. I love you Chimmy. You'll be fine, I know so."

—-

Taehyung tried to read his book but couldn't focus. He shut it and put it down.

"Jimin," he thought, "because I was cold and closed off, no one bothered to talk to me. But you, you were different. You gave your kindness and love to everyone, even if they didn't return it. Because of that I began trusting people again. You broke into my world of isolation and saved the me that refused to admit he was lonely. I love you, a lot. You'll get better and you, me and Jungkook will continue to make happy memories."

Or so I thought.

—-

It was midnight. The two each received a phone call from Jimin's mother.

"I really don't want to be the one to tell you this, but Jimin's surgery failed," there was a sniff and a long pause. "He passed away in the middle of it." Her voice cracked.