Part 23

"Now tell me about you!" Jimin exclaimed.

It was good to see him energetic again.

"No."
"Wha?! Be fair!!!"

Jimin pouted, cheeks puffed out.

Taehyung replied with a smile,
"We've had enough emotional talk for one day, besides, your mom is back."

"I AM BACK!" Jimin's mother yelled as the duo heard the front door swung open.

Jimin came out of Taehyung's embrace and went over to his mom. He helped her carry things.

Taehyung watched the two interact, a smile on his face.

—-

They ate the pizza while watching a movie.

Taehyung and Jimin sat on one sofa while Jimin's mother sat on another.

Half way through the movie Jimin became tired, his eyelids slowly closing as he leaned against Taehyung.

Taehyung could no longer pay attention to the movie, he instead watched the sleeping Jimin.

His mother noticed and turned the volume down.

"I'm glad Jimin has a friend like you." His mom spoke softly.
"This kid... he never tells me his worries."

She glanced lovingly at Jimin.

"I didn't even know that he was getting bullied 2 years ago."
"Then why did you homeschool him?"
"His marks weren't good and I could tell he didn't like school. I didn't want him to give up on school but I also didn't want to force him to go, so homeschooling was a compromise."

His mother titled her head back letting out a groan.
"I'm a failure of a mother."

Taehyung glanced over at her,
"What makes you say that?"
"Up until now I've been taking my clients here and not letting Jimin come back until late. I shouldn't have shut him out, I should have been keeping a closer eye on him."

"By clients, what do you mean?"

"Im a prostitute."