Part 40

Taehyung spent the next few days locked up in his room crying.

He could barely eat or sleep.
Everyday he got many notifications on his phone saying 'missed call from Jungkook' or 'Jungkook sent you a text'.

By the fourth day, Jungkook lock picked his door and entered his bedroom.

Taehyung was in his bed wrapped up in his blankets. Jungkook walked over.

"Taehyung." He said softly, "Please eat something. Your Grandparents are worried." Jungkook put his hand on Taehyung and gently shook him.

"How can you be okay after that hearing Jimin passed away?" Taehyung choked out.

"I'm not."

Taehyung peeked his eyes out of the blanket covers and looked at Jungkook.

"But if I don't stay optimistic, then who will? Who will get you back on your feet?" He gave a small smile.

Taehyung understood. He couldn't stay sad forever. He wiped his tears and sat up.

"It's not fair." Taehyung whispered.
"I know." Jungkook agreed, sitting down beside Taehyung and putting his arm over his shoulder.
"He was still so young. He had dreams."

Jungkook gripped Taehyung's shoulder a bit stronger, in a reassuring manner.

"Chimmy isn't dead. He lives on within our hearts. We've inherited his ideology and meshed it with our own. We are who we are right now because Chimmy shaped us to become this way. So if we continue being ourselves, then he'll always be with us."

"You- you have a way words."

"I learned from the best!" Jungkook showed his pearly whites.

—-

Jungkook went home, Taehyung recalled what just happened before he left.

~~
Jungkook gave a letter to Taehyung.

"Chimmy's mother gave this to me. She said Chimmy wrote them for us in case his surgery failed. I already read mine."
~~

Taehyung stared at the letter.