Part 37

The school day ended, Jungkook and Taehyung walked to the hospital together.

"Jimin's surgery is tomorrow." Jungkook sighed.

"Yeah, which means today will be the last day we can see him for a while." Taehyung noted.

Jungkook stretched his arms up, a small smile forming on his face.

"Who would have thought," Jungkook began, "that the two most opposite people, me and you, would have become friends thanks to a single boy."

Taehyung laughed, "true."

"Ah, I'm gonna go take a little detour, I'll catch up with you later."
Jungkook said as he started turning a corner.

"Okay."

—-

Taehyung opened the door,

"Taetae!" Jimin beamed, reaching out to him like a little child wanting to be picked up.

"Hey Chim."
Taehyung walked over and gave him a hug. He then sat on a chair.

"How are you feeling?"
"I'm doing okay, look!"

Jimin nudged his legs left and right. Taehyung smiled, a bit relieved.

"Taetae,"
"Yeah?"
"I've been thinking about the future. Like what's going to happen to the three of us after we graduate. We might end up going to different post secondary intsitutes... and it pains me."

"Worry about that later, idiot." Taehyung smiled, "focus on getting healed first."

Jimin nodded, "Yeah, you're right. Besides, we'll find a way to stay together. I love you guys too much to separate."

"Me too." Taehyung whispered.

"What?"

"I love you too Jimin. But... more than friendship."

"Huh?" Jimin looked at Taehyung with a confused smile on his face.

Taehyung clenched his fists, he riled up all the courage he had,

"I want to be your boyfriend!"

—-

Jungkook was outside the door, hidden from the other two. He dropped the bouquet of flowers he held, then dropped his arms and walked away.