Prolouge

I have chosen the gladiator/Slave AU. To find out more about this AU, please go to the bottom where I usually write a more detailed message from the author.
-----------------------------------------------------
                     3rd person POV
------------------------------------------------------
Blood pooled in the center of the stadium. The crowds cheered excessively for the victor of the match. You could smell the stench of all of the blood, sweat, and tears tat poured from the body of the victim. The sand covering the cracked stone floor, turned to a dark red, as the young gladiator brutally finished off the beast with a metal axe.

The sound of crunching bones under the axe, along with the loud ripping of flesh created a moment of silence in the crowd. The men in the crowd cheered for the masked man, as their wives swooned over him.

A young boy in the crowd watched vigorously. He appeared to be perhaps 12 or 13. He had soot covering select portions of his face, and an old raggedy cloak and patched pants is all he had to cover himself from the brutal northern winds.

He whispered,"who is that?" He said in pure astonishment. A tall man placed his hand on the shoulder of the boy,"he is my top gladiator. Never fails to make crowds cheer." Peter looked at the man in the expensive looking suit.

Peter took time to study the man in the suit, noticing how expensive it was. It was a black suit with a black under-shirt and black tie. Peter found it puzzling.

The man's hair was a chocolates brown, much like Peters, but darker due to the gel slicking it back. He had sun glasses covering his eyes. The glasses had been so dark you couldn't actually tell if he had eyes, but they had to be there. His grin reminded him of a devilish tomcat he'd seen from a childhood film such as 'Alice and Wonderland.' He hated it....

"What is his name?" Peter said softly. The man put on the grin Peter loathed so much,"he goes by 'Deadpool.' Peter stared in awe,"and you are?" The man ruffled Peter's hair,"I am his boss. Say, you look like someone who would want o work for me as well." Peter gasped,"really?!" The man nodded,"Still want to work for- er I mean ahem, ahem, with the masked gladiator when you are 18, give me a visit."

Peter nodded, before getting the man's address. The man looked around,"are your parents here?" Peter stared,"I have no parents." The man grinned, pulling the boy away, before tattooing Peter's waist with an infinity symbol above a snake.

The masked gladiator still stood proudly in the stadium. He appeared to be a strong, sexy man who was said to have been over-taken by insanity. He ripped open the beasts chest, before plunging his hand in, and tearing the heart away from its body.

Slowly and murderously, crushing it with his hand, till it became a finely coursed powder. Men and women cheered excitedly for the man one last time before he walked away into the dark abyss of the cage under the stadium steps.

Peter ran to the woods, into the disgusting cabin he referred to as home. He spent hours pondering the mysterious tattoo on his wrist, wondering what it could mean. Wondering if he was really destined for greatness.

He walked inside the abandoned house. It had every quality a house required to be stereotypically old and haunted. Freaky floor boards, squeaky door hinges, a creepy basement, but wasn't just the inside. Even on the outside, the paint and the house itself was so dirty it was a dark brown that faded into pitch black.

And yet, Peter found it to be oddly comforting. Then again, seeing as he'd lived there for practically his whole life it was okay.

He sat at the foot of the dirty pissed-on mattress of a 7 year old that used to live there. Peter drew the symbol everywhere, he kept going and redrawing it until he got hungry. He hadn't had much food to eat, and made money. off of going to big events such as the stadium during a match, and pick-pocketing everyone.

  He looked at the detailed art infront of him. He smiled. Perhaps he could sell art rather than stealing. Perhaps, but no matter what he did, it would be okay, because when he becomes 18 he would too become a Roman gladiator. Little did Peter know, he'd become more than a Roman gladiator. And he'd change the world.
------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! Merry Christmas to all!🎁🎄. I hope everyone got to spend time with their families. I am quite serious about what I said at the beginning though. So please follow the account and read the book I will post in 2 days time if not less ♥️🖤♥️.

More about the AU-

  A gladiator was an armed combatant who entertained audiences in the Roman Republic and Roman Empire in violent confrontations with other gladiators, wild animals, and condemned criminals. An example of what they look like and the armor the wear is like in 'Thor Ragnarok' when Thor is up against Hulk. That is the armor they wear. They fight in a large stadium much like the one Thor and Hulk were fighting.

891 words