Burdened (Kylo Ren x Reader)

The mission had been over for hours but you still couldn't get the noise out of your head. The screams echoed in your ears. The yells of men calling out for help that was never going to come, begging for a home that they would never see again.

The smell of soot and burning flesh still lingered in your noise and you could still feel the heat of the flames.

The worst was the looks of the men as you struck them down. The images were burned in your mind. Eyes wide with fear and confusion. Faces contorted from pain. Mouths gaping in shock...

And it still wasn't enough to make you stop.

You backed away from the window, trying to shake the images from your head. You turned to the door and strode out into the hall.

You walked with your shoulders high and determination in your steps. Along the way inferiors avoided your gaze and your captains gave respectful nods. You didn't look at any of them and keep toward your destination.

When you reached the desired hall you looked around to ensure the absence of prying eyes. Given the time of night the area was deserted.

You entered the room and found it dark, the only light coming from the vast window Kylo was in front of. He was sitting of the floor, gazing out into the black.

You slipped off your simple cape and sat beside him.

"I was expecting you."

"I know," you replied.

"You can still feel it."

"Yes. And so can you." He turned his attention away from the window. He nodded.

"Yes, I can."

"How do I make it stop?" Your voice was strained and the stars beyond the window began to blur. He brought his hand to your face and you turned to him.

"You don't."

"What do you mean? Then how-"

"You just push it down," he explained. "And you continue on." You turned back the window. A few tears unwilling slipped from your eyes.

"Continue on," you repeated. You felt Kylo intertwine his hand with yours.

"It gets easier."

It never did.