Liberation (Kylo Ren x Reader)

There was a soft knock at the door. The time of night made you cautious but when you cracked open the door you saw a familiar figure. You opened the door and smiled warmly, but when you saw the state of the man before you, it fell.

"Come inside, get out of this rain." You grabbed his hand and he let you lead him in the small hut. You sat him in front of the fire and found a warm blanket to wrap around his shoulders.

You sat beside him, your small hands rubbing soothing patterns in his fatigued muscles.

"You look tired," you told him. He looked to you and in this light you could see the dark circles surrounding his eyes.

"I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired," he replied. "If I closed my eyes I don't think I would wake up for days."

"You shouldn't have come," you said. "You should have rested."

"I wanted to see you."

"But Kylo..." you brought your hand to his face, your thumb tracing over his cheekbone lightly. He turned his face and kissed your palm before taking your hand in his.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be fine. And besides, I'm already here."

"For how long?"

"I managed to get two days." Your face fell.

"Only two days?" He nodded.

"It's all I could get without rousing suspicions. They think I'm off gathering intelligence on some ice planet."

"What will happen when you show up empty handed?"

"I won't be empty handed. We intercepted Resistance transmissions a few weeks ago. When I return I'll hand them in. No one will think anything of it." You nodded thoughtfully.

"When will I get to go with you?"

"Soon," he said. "You just need a few more weeks of training. Snoke has to be impressed with you if he's going to accept you as an apprentice. Have you been practicing like I told you?"

"Yes," you replied. "Everyday, just as you said."

"Good," he said. He leaned towards you and smiled softly. "And how have you been enjoying your broken bonds of servitude?" Your face split in a wide grin and you couldn't help giggle from happiness.

"More than you could know. You want to know what I did just this morning?"

"What did you do?" He asked.

"I slept in," you smiled.

"Did you now?" He laughed. "How rebellious."

"I haven't slept in since I had pneumonia when I twelve," you said. "But I was tired. So I slept. And there wasn't any punishments. No one beat me, or took my food away, or made me work extra hours-" you paused and looked up to Kylo with genuine happiness. "I just woke up naturally. Can you imagine that?"

He squeezed your hands affectionately. "I'm glad that your getting to enjoy yourself."

"I am," you said. "And it's all thanks to you." You leaned up and kissed him. He happily returned the gesture, missing the warmth of your lips against his. You pulled back slightly and looked at him. Your eyes were so full of emotion you seemed to be on the brink of tears. "I'll never be able to thank you enough. I'll never be able to make it up to you. You have no idea how much I owe you."

He ran his hands through your hair, smiling gently. "You don't owe me a thing. I just want you to be happy."

"I am," you said. "I've never been happier. I'll be even happier when I get to go with you."

"It won't be long now."

"You promise?"

"I promise."