Chapter 6

It is the night of the Gala and I am running on pure adrenaline right now. I haven't slept and barely eaten. This has been the most stressful month of my life and I can't wait to have this night be done and over with. I am looking forward to it though. Amber called me a few hours ago telling me everything is set up and perfect. She assures me that I will "absolutely die" at the sight of it all. I always like to be surprised when I walk in and see it for the first time just like everyone else. Besides, there would be nothing I could do about it so it saves me the stress of that too. The first year I saw it a few hours before hand and it was a disaster. I ended up making last minute changes and being late. I also had a different decorator that I didn't particularly like so there was that too.

I'm sitting in the makeup chair, letting the team I hired do their work when Jeffery and Samantha come in, both looking stunning.

"Becca, darling, your hair looks amazing!" Jeffery comes over and kisses my cheek.

"It really does. I wish I could hire people to make me look that good!" Samantha comes over carrying a bottle of champagne and kisses the same cheek.

"You look beautiful. You both do. And Sam, that dress! Looks so good on you!"

"Thank you! I only ate a piece of cheese today so I could wear the shit out of it!" I roll my eyes.

"You shouldn't not eat just to fit into a dress! You're smarter than that!"

"Oh please, coming from you, you're a damn supermodel so shut it! Anyway, who wants champagne?!" I hear the cork pop behind me and I flinch. It scares me every time.

***

I look in the mirror and barely recognize myself. I look and feel amazing. I found the most perfect Elie Saab black gown. It's a V cut neckline both in the front and back that is form fighting and flares at the end. It's not quite mermaid since I can walk but has that kind of shape. The underneath is nude with a black sheer beaded overlay on top. The top is completely beaded but the beading disperses as it moves down the dress. It fits me in all the right places and although it is sexy, it's also very classy. I was going to have my hair up but I am glad I chose these big curls parted to the left side. Paired with the gown its the perfect vision I had for myself for this night. My makeup is done in a subtle smokey eye and bold red lip which accentuates my blue eyes. I put on the final touches, diamond stud earrings and bracelet, to complete my look. I grab my clutch and walk out of my bedroom ready to take on the night.

***

"I can't get over that dress and how drop dead gorgeous you look! Seriously, you are going to be the talk of the party!" Jeffery says pouring champagne in the back of the limo.

"Mr. Sexy Ass is going to shit his paaaants!" I roll my eyes at Samantha's comment but I am secretly waiting for his reaction. "Oh my God we are here! Holy shit look at this place it's mobbed!"

I look out the window and see the crowd of photographers and people going into the venue. We put red carpet out and roped off an area, knowing there would be some paparazzi wanting to take pictures as people went in. No photographers, other than the one we hired, will be allowed inside the venue. I take a deep breath and let it go just as I climb out of the car. Showtime!

***

It's only been an hour and my cheeks already hurt from smiling so much. Amber couldn't have done a better job. Each table has massive white flower arrangements, with white linens and candles. The room itself has up-lighting in a cream which accents the columns around the perimeter of the ballroom. Crystal chandeliers hang all throughout the center with individual crystal pieces draped from column to column. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and people can't stop talking about it.